Turbo Dodge Forums banner
441 - 459 of 459 Posts
I have access to a 88 non-turbo caravan that is going to junk man and I can pick it apart before then.

It has a blue interior rather than red...but, are there any parts I should pull off the 88 before it goes to the junkyard (AKA, hard to find OEM items that might eventually go bad on my 89 caravan)?

Parts galore on 8 mile in Detroit has 2 ‘88 Turbo convertible Lebarons, both still looked complete. Has another V6 Lebaron convertible with rear disc brakes as well. That Dodge 600 I posted last time is also still there, looks like no one had touched it. Yet.

Just went to Parts Galore on 8 mile in Detroit. That 600 (except for the rear end damage) was mint! It was definitely dirty, but it was pretty much complete (missing the emblems and seat belt protectors) otherwise. That one shouldn't have been in a junkyard... deserved to be saved. underside was rust free, and the top looked brand new!
Also checked out those LeBarons in their yard. The dark red one has a mint interior!
Found a silver Omni in there was well. interior and exterior were dirty, but otherwise in good shape.
And there was a dark red '92 Sundance in pretty good shape too. the owner's manual was still in the glovebox, and even had the salesman's card in it! What's even more suprising, I knew the salesman who sold that exact Sundance when he was alive!
All 4 cars have great parts! Somebody go and get some stuff.

Anyone care about a Lebaron? It is a V6 car, but interior in great shape. Says it was running and driving on the window in paint. Valve cover pulled of the engine though. Located at Fox U-pull in Belleville, MI.

Attachments

84 600 Coupe, lot of good clean interior parts, chrome remote control mirrors

Also 3 gold spiralcast 16’s on the LeBaron

Parts Galore 8 mile today

Attachments

Lots of good Michigan content here, thanks for that. Do any of your remember a yard that back in the late 80s specialized in our cars and was located somewhere around (vague recollection) Shelby Township? Seems like the place had a two letter name like "P & J" or "P & M" or similar. I wonder what happened to them? Fantasy: they went out of business and the 80s cars are there just now surrounded with small trees.

I don't know if this is the place for this thread so if it needs to be moved please do so. Thanks

Well it's that time of the season again and I just made my first trip of the year to the junk yard. I propose that we create a list of TD's that we have come across during our travels. Please post the state the junk yard is located.

Here's my list.

Taylor auto salvage.
Taylor Michigan

88 Lebaron Convertable T1
86 Lebaron T1

Stoney Creek Auto Salvage
Monroe Michigan

87 Daytona

Going out again next weekend so i'll be updating.
If you see any 84-90 minivans or 87-96 Dakotas let me know please.

1 90s lebaron gtc and 1 lebaron-Maserati next to each other. don't know if the maz eng was gone as the hood was closed did notice red interior and the 2 round mazerati pentastar windows were intact.
Coreys rec. London Ontario.

Parts galore 8 mile today;
H-body Lebaron GTS, also super minty K-body Lebaron TBI. The brown on is STOOPID clean and original.

Attachments

441 - 459 of 459 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.