Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Junk Yard Spotters Guide

112K views 458 replies 182 participants last post by  strtvan 
#1 ·
I don't know if this is the place for this thread so if it needs to be moved please do so. Thanks

Well it's that time of the season again and I just made my first trip of the year to the junk yard. I propose that we create a list of TD's that we have come across during our travels. Please post the state the junk yard is located.

Here's my list.

Taylor auto salvage.
Taylor Michigan

88 Lebaron Convertable T1
86 Lebaron T1

Stoney Creek Auto Salvage
Monroe Michigan

87 Daytona

Going out again next weekend so i'll be updating.

#2 ·
someone should rig up a map of the country with stars or something to mark locations of junk yards. if it had a basic mapquest kind of program integrated, a moderator would just have to input the exact address when a yard is added and anyone would be able to find it.

#3 ·
capev86 said:
someone should rig up a map of the country with stars or something to mark locations of junk yards. if it had a basic mapquest kind of program integrated, a moderator would just have to input the exact address when a yard is added and anyone would be able to find it.
Thats A pretty good idea!

#4 ·
This would deffinatly be a useful thread if everyone updates it....imagin being able to go on here...find the vehicle you need parts off of and go right to where it is instead of spending all weekend driving around. We could even include non TD cars that we can still use parts off of like non turbo omnis and daytonas for such things as body parts. As long as it doesnt turn into people from other states bothering the poster to take a part off for them...of course if the price is right i guess we'll do anything....hahaha.

The map idea would be great if i could i would be happy to manage it and input the address's for the map and the vehicles avalible....the only problem would be keeping it up to date as far as if the vehicle is still there. I know the yards near me have a pretty fast rotation and clear cars out fast. But i guess anything is better than nothing.

kevin

#5 ·
maybe have a comment area or mini questionaire - how many dodges, TD's, etc in yard or be able to list specific examples so that people looking for a certain model, equipment package of car.

i'd love to be able to quickly look up all the j-yards in New England that have TD's and have a sampling of what specific cars i will find!

#11 ·
car-parts.com isnt as good when some of the yards dont sell what they list to have, or update to let you know it has been sold/crushed "Grassy Auto??" is one of them, 88 Shadow ES Dash Harness Turbo/5Speed, called them like 5 months ago and car was crushed and i was told they dont pull dash harnesses cause it wasnt worth their time/money.

I agree on making this a sticky... Great idea!

#14 ·
I was at a local Yard today in Mid Michigan, called R&R Salvage.Located in Laingsburg, Michigan.Just off I-69 between Lansing and Flint.
They have a complete manual trans minivan, I believe 1988.It's behind a n/a 2.5 motor.Also about a dozen or so fwd Daytonas/lebarons,gtc's.1987 to 1994. Their phone # is (517)-675-7288. They are good on their prices.

#16 ·
st louis mo

u pick n pull - several older dodges out there, 2 tI 86 lebaron convertibles, a BUNCH of shadows, neons and stratus stuff galore, 2 spirits and one N/a daytona
speedway (granite city)- bunches and bunches of shadows, about a half dozen lebarons -2 of em T1 , 3 daytonas n/a , like a half dozen spirits, many many neons , stratus etc. and one lil gem i wouldve taken home- a 1980 dodge omni, but it was unlik any ihad ever seen, it looked more like a shelby charger than an omni....( at least it said 1980 on it)

#17 ·
I'm going to stick this for now. I think its a good way to let people know what is where in j-yards. All I ask is that we keep the posts fairly simple, and on topic.

Example: 19xx dodge daytona t2 in xxx yard, missing this and this, has this and this.

And so forth. We'll try this and if it gets out of control I will prune out the unnecessary stuff, or the thread will go away. good idea though.:thumb:

#18 ·
ok i know of a few yards around ohio and indiana (spelled wrong i know)
they al have a few turbo cars most older K cars
huff auto savlage neer brynt Ind, (dont know if its spelled right or not) they have a 88 or 89 turbo areis wagon with wood grain!!!!!!!!!! and tan leather :p
barnets right out side of portland Ind,
dont know if this helps but there's a combine junk yard in byrant Ind.
3 sons towing, out side of rockford, ohio
state line auto salvage on ohio, Ind. state line
county line auto and wrecking, delphose (spelled wrong) ohio

i'll get you guys the right addresss for all of the yards tomarrow i am not at home lol.

#24 ·
Parts Galore
8 mile & Hoover
Detroit Mi

86 or 87 Lebaron GTS Hardtop T1.
Brown Leather Interior is pretty much all there.
Motor is pretty torn apart but most parts are still there.

85 T1 Lebaron
Completely together from what i can tell

86 N/A Daytona
Interior is mostly complete
exterior is missing front fenders

Tons of N/A sundance, shadows, daytonas, spirits and a couple omnis.

1-2 turbo mini vans

4-5 1G DSM cars as well.

Open from 8am till dark
7 days a week weather permitting
$1 to get in $1 to rent wheel barrow
Good on prices

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.