Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it wasn't as bad as I thought. I didn't find too many good posts on doing this for the 2.4, because most were about the older engines. Is it because the turbo versions of this engine do not have these? However I did read that before removing the actual aluminum balance shaft housing I have to tap and plug the oil lines and it's recommended I get an oil pan baffle? Is it hard to make myself? Because I know of a really good metal supplier here and I'm decent at welding. I used bolt cutters to cut the chain :), time to go finish this and try it out, I can't wait to see what difference it will make.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a very nice thread, thanks for the link. Gave me some pretty good ideas.

Btw, I finally got to try it out and I did notice a pretty nice increase in acceleration. Nothing insane, but enough of a gain to justify spending four times the time that this takes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.