Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime My PT Stay's Clean but my Wheels Don't..

I scrub the wheels with soap.. water.. rag.. etc so after that, I Dry it up with a soft cloth and 2 Days Later Its dirty again then I cleaned it off with a towel and 2 days later its dirty again..

any suggestions, I havent cleaned the wheels of the behind.. I noticed theres alot of dirty dusts around the wheel cover.

Any Brush.. Use Rag.. Towel..? or What.

Thanks. If it keeps doing it then Im gonna think about goin for a aftermarket rims.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cruizin2k said:
Everytime My PT Stay's Clean but my Wheels Don't..

I scrub the wheels with soap.. water.. rag.. etc so after that, I Dry it up with a soft cloth and 2 Days Later Its dirty again then I cleaned it off with a towel and 2 days later its dirty again..

any suggestions, I havent cleaned the wheels of the behind.. I noticed theres alot of dirty dusts around the wheel cover.

Any Brush.. Use Rag.. Towel..? or What.

Thanks. If it keeps doing it then Im gonna think about goin for a aftermarket rims.
What do you mean by dirty?? I know you have mentioned this problem before. I have the same wheels and I don't notice mine getting any dirtier than other wheels I have owned. I had the Mopar 5-spoke chrome wheels on my PT before these new 6-spoke.

You can kind of expect your wheels to get dirty after two days and how dirty they get depends on many factors including road conditions, weather, braking, and whether or not you have wax or polish on your wheels.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I just don't use my brakes... this way, no brake dust! 8o :}

Several people on this forum have had success with the KleanWheels (sp?). It's an insert inside the wheel rims that keeps the brake dust off the wheel....

·
Registered
2 Posts
:D
I use Kleen Wheels on my PT. Had the same problem until I installed the Kleen Wheels. Now they are clean and shiny. I noticed the metallic brake dust was causing corrosion spots on the wheel with the constant humidity here in Florida. Unless you buy four Kleen wheels, you will have to pry them out of the front wheels and install them in the rear wheels when you rotate tires. FWIW make sure you order the correct ones for your wheel as there are different models for the different PT wheel.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Hmm, I want to jump in here and ask about Kleen Wheels. I've read somewhere else about venting problems while using Kleen Wheels (the KW's aren't ventilated enough to let out heat from the brakes) and cause brake/rotor problems. Is this so? Anyone with KW's experience this?

I've been wanting to get the KW's, but hesitant because of the venting issue I read about.

R

·
0 Posts
spdracr said:
Hmm, I want to jump in here and ask about Kleen Wheels. I've read somewhere else about venting problems while using Kleen Wheels (the KW's aren't ventilated enough to let out heat from the brakes) and cause brake/rotor problems. Is this so? Anyone with KW's experience this?

I've been wanting to get the KW's, but hesitant because of the venting issue I read about.
I've had my kleen wheels on now for 16,000 of the Cruiser's 18,000 miles. When I rotated the tires at 12,500, the pads still looked like they had a good deal of life left (I'm only expecting they go around 25,000 miles on stock pads). Brakes seem fine while driving (no pull or signs of wear to me). Rotors still felt smooth when i rotated the tires, so they seem to work good for me!! :)
You do have to make sure you change the kleen wheels when you rotate (they are vented, but only in one rotational direction) ;)

R

·
0 Posts
spdracr said:
Thanks rbenotti! Do I have to order KW's from the internet, or does somewhere like Pep Boys carry them?

No problem spdracr!! I ordered them on the net (although I can't remember where......)

One word here: Make sure you get them for the correct rims. For example, there were two different types when I ordered. 16" dimpled & 16" non-dimpled (both were factory standard rims).

I did hear (or was it read) that 2003 stock rims would have a KW for them (17").

Now that gets me thinking, if the brakes are upgraded on the 2003.........

By the way, nice graphic!!! (And you are half as cute as the graphic, look out ;) ) (All in good fun)

Later - Rob

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I always had this problem with fact. chrome wheels. all i do is polish them with chrome polish and it reduces the dust from getting on the rim/takes longer to get dirty. Man, I make gentle stops when i have to stop. :} I dont know if that helps but i hope so .

The only reason I didnt get the kleen wheels was because it looked ugly on your wheels. it might help and all but i like to see the disc brakes with the rims. seeing the discs give your whole wheel that nice look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts