Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas for mounting gauges. Thinking of the A pillar, but could go other ways. The old "joe lococo" way was nice but have no roll bar.

How have others done it??

bill

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 89 Spirit ES, 96 Jeep XJ
5,935 Posts
A local here mounted a P body boost gauge into the driver's right side air vent on his Rampage. You have to modify it slightly, but it looks almost stock once it's in. I don't know if there's a picture on this forum or not. Try searching for rare_ram.

I've also seen an L-body with gauges mounted in the dash all the way to the passenger door. Of course if you want to keep your dash intact then that probably isn't the best approach.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

I have a Summit brand digital tachometer with shift light in the A/C vent hole. I also have Autometer A/F and boost gauges in the pillar pod.

I made a radio block off plate and attached my Zeitronix display to it with Velcro.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Hey Kevin, where did you get the white cluster covers at?

Fuzz
Yeah, the group buy was over a year ago according to the thread on the other forum.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I did the same as #10 (glhs592's) , I used a small piece of aluminum, polished it and put a silver faced gauge in .....will try to post a pic, but I have in my old GLH-t there is a radio bezel with no vents on each side of the radio, the come blocked. They are perfect for fast cauge mounting, just the angle sucks a little.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
sorry about the above post without the picture, I just learned how to post pics. This is my dash, it uses VDO gauges because the needles light up and they don't crap up the look of the gauges with their logo, its done tastefully. bullet LEDs are tied into the stock harness for the idiot lights, highbeam, check engine and turnsignals. The green square is a Gadget seller voltmeter for the O2 sensor, it works real well

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
^man i love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im planning on dilling mine into the center face of the dash (right above where the radio would be) and angling them toward me a bit. i sapose i could put them in the radios spot as i took mine out, but i like the dash idea cause it not as far to look when you have the pedal to the floor. i think theres about 2" behind the dash right there befre any ducting or wires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks, on my old Omni I did a dashpad overlay out of 1/4" plywood and covered it in matching vinyl, it looked good and the flat dash was handy throwing burgers up on it. I hope Stargazer doesn't mind me pirating his photo to show you the concept

1 - 20 of 21 Posts