Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My radiator has a leak. If anyone has a working replacement they can let go, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

1985 Dodge Omni GLH (nonturbo, Carb, Stick Shift)

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Rockauto.com has plenty of them. The carb and turbo radiator is the same for that year and model. Last time I checked they were under $200 shipped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've seen them. Just wondering if any members have one sitting around they'd be willing to let go for cheaper. I'm a college student on a very tight budget, so I don't have a ton of money to throw around :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yeah I've seen them. Just wondering if any members have one sitting around they'd be willing to let go for cheaper. I'm a college student on a very tight budget, so I don't have a ton of money to throw around :)

Thanks!
You could gamble on this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radiator-With-AC-18-Wide-Fits-83-89-HORIZON-862096/183753560030?fits=Model:Omni|Make:Dodge&hash=item2ac890cfde:g:29cAAOSwGoJcnpWh

Engine bay looks clean so maybe it was taken care of.

But looking at the pass. floorboard who knows?:confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could gamble on this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Radiator-With-AC-18-Wide-Fits-83-89-HORIZON-862096/183753560030?fits=Model:Omni|Make:Dodge&hash=item2ac890cfde:g:29cAAOSwGoJcnpWh

Engine bay looks clean so maybe it was taken care of.

But looking at the pass. floorboard who knows?:confused:
Unfortunately that's an Auto radiator. It's slightly different from my manual one. The manual has an outlet for the heater core, the auto doesn't. I have a parts car with an auto radiator and I was tempted to
splice a line in, but I just decided to splurg on a new radiator last night for $180. It'll be worth it in the long run I suppose. Thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts

Thanks!
REGRETABLY, i LISTED AND SOLD THE ONLY ONE I RECENTLY HAD, AND IT WAS SWEET/NEW WITH ALMOST NO MILES ON IT. I'M SURE SOMEONE WILL STEP FORWARD FOR YOU SOMETIME SOON THOUGH.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's right, you've got a stick shift.

Yeah, better a new one for the long run.

Just less beer for the weekend :frown2:
Yeah I do :( Oh well, hopefully I won't have to worry about any radiator problems in the future. Thanks again!

REGRETABLY, i LISTED AND SOLD THE ONLY ONE I RECENTLY HAD, AND IT WAS SWEET/NEW WITH ALMOST NO MILES ON IT. I'M SURE SOMEONE WILL STEP FORWARD FOR YOU SOMETIME SOON THOUGH.
Ah too bad! Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New radiator came in damaged, UGH. Gotta return it now and find another one. Guess the ol Omni won't be back up and running this weekend :(

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I got one from a manual 83 charger, non turbo. Good condition. Where do you live? Please PM me and I can send it to you

New radiator came in damaged, UGH. Gotta return it now and find another one. Guess the ol Omni won't be back up and running this weekend :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts