Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yep Jugs, cut the original one off, glad I did or it would of been even more tail happy. Other than a tight AutoX course it's too big. I can kick the tail out at will. I even entered a freeway off ramp and had to get on the brakes because of a slower car just as I started turning. The tail came out, The car slid to the INSIDE of the corner, I went through the ditch, around a light pole and came back onto the road. Be nice to have like a .75" one for street and high speed road course, and the big 1.125 for AutoX.
I'm sorry, I'm completely lost here. Sway bars are intended to help stop body roll during hard cornering and "must" be attached to the body of the car.

The "sway bar" you guys are talking about is the straight bar that's tucked away underneath the rear axle? I can see how that improves stiffness, but how would it help with body roll?

What am I not seeing here???

·
Registered
654 Posts
Ok, I do see that. What I don't understand, is why GLHNSLHT2 attributed his tailspin to having a too thick of a sway bar? The stiffness is, as far as I know, supposed to keep a little more equal pressure on both sides to help with traction in cornering. Heck, I tailspun in my '93 Daytona on a highway off ramp when it suppenly made a much sharper turn (I added to the thousand skid marks on the concrete barrier already), with completely stock rear end.

I've heard of a lot of people welding on a plate to the bottom of the axle, essentially enclousing the bar within the axle. How is that better/worse, than just replacing the bar with something thicker?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts