Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a 555 Swap on the supercharged turismo. my buddy is dropping the tranny off next week. I have parts in the mail already:

chrome moly trans plate
limited slip
525->555 linkage adapter
2 cv seals

all i need is a short CV shaft that has the large spline for the drivers side.
And a intermediate shaft. I have the intermediate shaft upgrade already so i'll just need the input side of intermediate shaft if any of you have one lying around. then i can just re-use the small spline passenger side CV shaft. I have a body who can weld in a tab for the back tranny mount. can i use the 525 dog bone or do i have to change that out?

·
Administrator
10,150 Posts
Not sure on an l-body, but this is what a 525-520 swap did to my daytona

As you can see the bobble strut mount on the k-frame isn't in the same spot from the 520 and 525. If its too far over to the driver side, you can just weld a whole other cradle where the bobble strut is, or a bracket and just span the gap from the old BS mount with the new welded bracket. Just make sure to put spacers to keep it in the correct spot so it doesnt slide back and forth on the long bolt.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
reman halfshafts w warranty are only 65-75$ round here, why bother with used ?

you want to go equal length ? I have 2 int shafts+carrier, one of each style.
PM me yur email addy I will send pix ..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome. the tranny needs cleaning. Pressure washed.. it's oil gunk filthy.. i sprayed it down with engine degreaser.. it did nothing. i'm tearing the tranny apart and make sure everything looks new and is working properly before it matches up with the beautiful supercharged engine i have under the hood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts