Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had this car pretty much finished for a few years now, it's been thru some different phases to get where it is. It's time for another phase.
CARLISLE1.jpg IMGP1752_resized.jpg

Many have suggested a 16 valve swap would great, and I agree, but what to choose? TIII? 2.4? 2.5 Hybrid? Nah, too easy. I'm gonna use this.

IMGP3326.jpg

As some of yinz know, I won this at the Carlisle All Chrysler Nationals in 2010. So I figure I might as well use it for the swap, technically speaking it IS a 16v motor. It's a 408 inch LA based stroker built by Muscle Motors. [email protected] and 511ft/[email protected] on the dyno. Should be a good starting point.

So here's the plan. Gonna back the motor up with an A-500 4spd. auto out of a Dakota, and a 3.23 geared 8 3/4. I'll be using one of Kenny Exline's frame kits for the install. Yes, I'm going to cut up a flawless, rust free 30K mile car.

I'll update here as progress comes and time permits....should be interesting. :thumb:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The stock digital dash refused to play well without the smec. I could get everything to work, just not correctly. The tach showed 3500 at idle, the fuel gauge read full all the time etc... So I sacrificed an old analog cluster for some new Intellitronix gauges. I still might tint the overlay and see how it looks blacked out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
I've always wondered about he "street type" swaps. The engine sits so far forward I'd think the weight bias would be way off! Looks like it would be very nose heavy. Let us know!. Should be able to burn rubber in any gear!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, it's pretty zippy. lol. Actually it drives fine. I can feel the difference in the balance, but it's not awkward or clumsy at all. I haven't put the sway bars back in yet, once I gat those back in it should be even a little better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, she's up and running. A few bugs to work out, but runs pretty good.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts