Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
LOL. You don't know how many times I wanted to set fire to it and push it off a cliff. :bang head The smallest things took the longest amount of time. Getting the motor and trans where they needed to be was a pretty good fight. Getting the motor to clear the stock hood and still have enough oil pan clearance to be drivable took about a week itself. I ended up with about 1" of hood clearance and almost 6" at the oil pan. Parts of the build were frustrating as hell, but the payoff has already begun. I've had it to a few local shows and it's been very well recieved. I love watching people look at the car as I drive into a show, and then look all around to see there that lopey V8 rumble is coming from, because surely it's not coming from that little blue FWD car...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i want to see 1/4 mile times!
Yea, me too. lol Unfortunately it may be a while. I bought the best torque converter I could find (tci) , but apparently it wasn't enough. I need to have one custom made, and that's a buttload of cash I just don't have right now.

Honestly, from what little I got to drive it last year I'd expect mid to low 13's. There's obviously power to go faster, but the traction just isn't there. I built it as a street car anyway, so whatever it runs it runs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It's great on the highway, which is what I wanted. I'm running a 3.23 gear, so in OD with the converter locked it turns about 2000 rpm @ 70mph.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have so many questions about this build. what rear end did you use? what hubs did you use? how does it handle? im super excited about this concept

21 - 29 of 29 Posts