Turbo Dodge Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
25,464 Posts
I thought I had sent you the wiring through PM.

Usually the lid of the relay bank or PDC will show you the relay location, in this case slots 14, 16, 17 that you are asking about are not used.
The headlamp motor and door open/close relays are located in slots 7 and 8.

Every relay has 2 power feeds, ground side control of the pull in coil and an output to the controlled device.
1)Headlamp Motor Relay
RD/WT wire - Power in
GY/RD wire - Power in
BK wire - Ground
RD/WT wire - output to the headlamp door open/close relays.

2)Headlamp Door Close Relay
RD/YL wire - Power in
GY/PK wire - Power in
BK wire - Ground
BN/YL wire - Output to headlamp door motor

3)Headlamp Door Open Relay
RD/YL wire - Power in
GY/PK wire - Power In
BK wire - Ground
DB/YL wire - Output to headlamp door motor.

The diagnostics posted in post 11 should show you all of the relay, power and ground locations in the PDC,

·
Administrator
25,464 Posts
The underhood connector is the underhood Diagnostic Connector where you would connect a scanner to read engine data and perform diagnostics through the scanner.
The blue under dash connector is the CCD (Chrysler Collision Detection) connector where you would connect a scanner to access and diagnose BCM controlled devices such as your headlamp door issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have been such amazing help!! Thank you once again... We're a little bit out of our comfort zone when working with electrical issues. Where can we/ can we get, the books you are sending the images from? The Chrysler manuals I bought on eBay are worse than the ones we remember from our K car days 😳

·
Administrator
25,464 Posts
My info comes from my FSM's (Factory Service Manuals) that I bought new with the car in 12/89 (there was a postcard in the glovebox to send to Chrysler) and the specialty manuals which were given to me over the years.
The other service info I have is pages and pages of wiring/diagnostics from Mitchell On Demand and Alldata.
When I worked for Chrysler I would print out wiring and other info each day at work, now they are all stored on my laptop.

There are 3 main Factory Manuals.
"Engine/Chassis/Body", "Fuel/Emissions/Electrical", "Wiring Diagrams"

The there are the specialty manuals...
Powertrain Diagnostics, (Engine Controls, Separate books for TBI, Turbo 3.0L V-6)
Powertrain Diagnostics, (Charging and Speed Control)
Body Control Systems Diagnostics (What you would need for your headlamp door issue)
Body Control Systems (Theft Alarm Diagnostics)
SRS Diagnostics (Supplemental Restraint Systems. (Air Bags)
and there are probably a couple more such as ABS...

You can usually find the FSM's (Factory Service Manuals) on eBay.

If you are more of a laptop/computer person you can get a subscription for your vehicle from Alldata DIY which will have all of the info from all of the FSM's.
Most shops and dealerships use Alldata or Mitchell On Demand, dealerships are given (sold) new manuals for the vehicles they are selling new every year but need service info for their used cars.

I had Alldata for my Daughter and Sisters cars (2005 Saturn Vue and 1997 Acura 3.0 CL) and my Son had Alldata for whatever cars they have/had at the time (1994 Plymouth Sundance, 1996 Ford Ranger. 2002 Chrysler Concorde, 1989 Pontiac Trans Am).

·
Registered
11 Posts
So another thing,, as always,,, where is that horn relay located? I mean, diagram says it's supposed to be ABOVE the fuse block??? How in the world would that be possible??? My hubby just had to be a contortionist to get the panel with the relays down to where we could see it and get those relays out to check. Can't see anything ABOVE that!

·
Administrator
25,464 Posts
Unfortunately I do not have the FSM's for a 92 so I cannot tell you exactly how to access the relay bank.
If it is like my 90 then you have to remove the knee bolster and you will find a label on the backside...
Rectangle Font Signage Number Parallel

21 - 28 of 28 Posts