Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the lightest omni people have heard of?
mine is TOTALY gutted, 10lb fiberglass hood, my rear 3 windows are lexan, i cut out the spare tire tub, no rear bumper, aluminum race seats, ... and so on. any guess' ? i will weigh it eventualy, but its snowing here for the next week or so:( ive heard of a 2000lb omni, and im guessing it didnt have a glass hood or lexan ??

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The '78-'79's were around 1850lbs. The Omni America was around 2100lbs as I recall. I had a gutted '85 GLHT in Mich. that I weighed on the truck scales.
It came in at 1981lbs with me in it . I even cut the guts out of the doors, and all windows except windshield were Lexan.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Old Matchbox is now 1810 lbs with 3 gallons of gas. It has a 2.5 tall block motor, no turbo, A413 tranny, gutted interior, no dash, no headliner, aftermarket carpet with no backing, lexan on hatch and both rear doors, gutted all doors but mine, spare tire carrier replaced with thin gage alluminum sheet, rear bumper replaced with a square shapped piece of PVC rain gutter painted black because I got 2 tickets in one week after the original one fell off, and all unneeded brackets and other metal in the rear removed. Car was down to 1700 lbs, but since I drive it to the track in various weather I put the heater, door seals, wiper motor, and a big single wiper back on. The tires are street legal DOTs and the wheels are Am Racing Astrellas, which are a bit heavier than the old AR 5 stars that used to be on it. Circle Racing makes some 13" steel wheels that weigh only 12 lbs and are $100-$135 that I might use some day...they come in various back spacing too, 2-5", but only in 4x100 pattern.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts