Turbo Dodge Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 New Yorker 2.2 T1, 89 LeBaron Convertible 2.5 T1
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Jeez! I guess it could always be worse. (-: I think the moral of the story is that $100 to a very good friend is better than $10,000 to a very good lawyer.

I thought I dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's with this one. I actually did get pictures of the front and back of the title. It didn't come up as stolen, and I even made sure it was the title for that car. It wasn't until I tried to get it registered that I found out that the particular box he filled in was wrong, which is apparently the least of my worries.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Jeez! I guess it could always be worse. (-: I think the moral of the story is that $100 to a very good friend is better than $10,000 to a very good lawyer.

I thought I dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's with this one. I actually did get pictures of the front and back of the title. It didn't come up as stolen, and I even made sure it was the title for that car. It wasn't until I tried to get it registered that I found out that the particular box he filled in was wrong, which is apparently the least of my worries.
Did your insurance company look at the pictures verify it was good I always send everything to mine. I hate going into Boston during the day so I don't want to make more than one trip to the insurance...

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hmm, I never asked them to look at the pictures. I've never thought to do that. Of course, they were more than happy to insure it, lol

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hmm, I never asked them to look at the pictures. I've never thought to do that. Of course, they were more than happy to insure it, lol
I always send her photos of the title because they are the ones processing the paperwork so they will see any problems and tell you you won't be able to go to the registry with it.

A couple months ago my cousin got a Nissan murano from this dude at night and the title had a ton of reassignments it was all messed up last dealership was a empty field in NH took her 2 months to register it and then the alternator went we fixed it then a week later it dropped a coil pack we had to pull the intake do that and then we had to patch the frame where the control arm broke and then in the back the sub frame cracked and then she junked it.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm batting 1000. It looked good on the video and when I saw it in person. Today, I idled it for about a minute to check over the exhaust, and I detected a hissing from the radiator cap. There's coolant in the oil and oil in the radiator.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm batting 1000. It looked good on the video and when I saw it in person. Today, I idled it for about a minute to check over the exhaust, and I detected a hissing from the radiator cap. There's coolant in the oil and oil in the radiator.
Whenever I buy cars I spend hours tearing them apart at the guy's house. While I'm waiting I send the Vin and title pictures to my insurance Agent I have her personal cell phone so I can just send her the stuff during the day and she can check see if it's gonna work.

Whenever you buy a car always make sure the title is clean with no writing anywhere don't even let the guy sign it until you stand over him and guide him slowly. Then have your insurance fill it out so any issues are on them.

You can hear my Tbi Aries running in the background if this thing was a rotbox I was gonna just drive off. He wasn't lying no rot. I spent most the night taking the car apart checking everything. Dude sounded messed up but everything was legit car made it back registered all good.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hmm, I think I would describe it as chugging. I can try to get a recording tomorrow.
I would just return it or threaten to sue for triple damages and lost wages. Most dealers just settle. I've caught so much nonsense with titles and stupid stuff like head gasket sealer in the radiator I call em out and offer them scrap price at that point.

You live in a good area this just popped up but almost 6 hours one way for me.

In my area we get stupid racing striped mismatched panel/tail light crap like this..

·
Registered
194 Posts
I would just return it or threaten to sue for triple damages and lost wages. Most dealers just settle. I've caught so much nonsense with titles and stupid stuff like head gasket sealer in the radiator I call em out and offer them scrap price at that point.

You live in a good area this just popped up but almost 6 hours one way for me.

In my area we get stupid racing striped mismatched panel/tail light crap like this..
Not to highjack the thread, but that New Yorker is sweet! Only 80 miles away 🤔

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well, I bought another red 1991 Spirit R/T. >_> This was an easy decision. The seller knew his stuff. Reason for selling: Too many red 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T's in his garage.

While talking about great cars in PA, someone has to pick this up pronto! He's lowered it to $900. Log into Facebook

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well, I bought another red 1991 Spirit R/T. >_> This was an easy decision. The seller knew his stuff. Reason for selling: Too many red 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T's in his garage.

While talking about great cars in PA, someone has to pick this up pronto! He's lowered it to $900. Log into Facebook
Hey nice! Glad you found another one so quick! If you end up having to part the old keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ahh, I forgot to get pics! Well, I'll probably make a couple project logs, primarily to try to restore the red. I'm tackling some minor things, like the speedometer not working. Most of the time, the turbo spools up really slowly, too. Seems like I can only get boost at half-throttle. The wastegate arm (which appears to be adjustable) is smooth and clean, and the turbo is quiet. Other times, it starts to accelerate like a rocket. So far, it seems to be roughly as fast as the Shadow was, but the Shadow made all of the boost around 2k.

I think I'm going to slip an MBC between the solenoid and the wastegate can and set it to around 5-7psi. That should prevent early opening of the wastegate can but still leave the solenoid in charge to keep it from over-boosting. I haven't yet looked at the vacuum lines to see how hard it is to reach.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Ahh, I forgot to get pics! Well, I'll probably make a couple project logs, primarily to try to restore the red. I'm tackling some minor things, like the speedometer not working. Most of the time, the turbo spools up really slowly, too. Seems like I can only get boost at half-throttle. The wastegate arm (which appears to be adjustable) is smooth and clean, and the turbo is quiet. Other times, it starts to accelerate like a rocket. So far, it seems to be roughly as fast as the Shadow was, but the Shadow made all of the boost around 2k.

I think I'm going to slip an MBC between the solenoid and the wastegate can and set it to around 5-7psi. That should prevent early opening of the wastegate can but still leave the solenoid in charge to keep it from over-boosting. I haven't yet looked at the vacuum lines to see how hard it is to reach.
Sounds like fuel pressure or a blocked cat or blocked Air intake do the usual NAJ tests

21 - 40 of 75 Posts