Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Limp mode is pissing me off. After every mile of a drive after startup, my check engine light comes on and it bucks at 2,000 RPMs (I have a 413). Which I know is when the throttle plate reaches 22 degrees and stays there because the computer doesn't know what the intake pressure is because of a bad MAP or a bad TPS. The TPS sensor on there is one from my dad's 89 Voyager, and it worked on there. The MAP sensor is a brand new one from Mopar.

It only bucks at 2,000 RPMs only once on my drive, maybe twice, but it's rare. It really wasnt a problem before, but now everytime I try to pass or speed up a little it happens then! :bash:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Check the TPS with a volt meter and make sure that it increases nice and smooth as you open up the throttle. If it has a bad spot in it that would cause it to buck. The TPS will only give a code if it goes out of range and can go bad without the computer setting a code.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah okay...well I forgot to mention the codes. I ran them when I got to school.

These are in order, so yeh know, kind of weird how they are arranged...
12, 13, 33, 45, 22

So I got batterie, MAP, clutch relay stuck open in A/C (yet another problem, my A/C works fine!), SMEC killed the boost (weird again, I didnt even get in the boost the whole way to school), and coolant temp. sensor (checked it, its plugged in and working..).

So I got a whole list of problems..how nice?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Clear the codes and see if the coolant tep sensor comes back. If it does you could have a bad wire or plug. I think Chrysler had a TSB on the plugs going bad.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Unplug your battery.....some will say you only need to do negative...but I have found that if you want a proper reset you have to take off both terminals from the battery....leave them off for 5 minutes or so....then hook them back up, and your computer will be reset and the codes gone.....but they will come back again if the same problem pops up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts