Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
13,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radiator is full of antifreeze. My upper hose is pressurized, but it doesn't sound like its full of antifreeze, more like hot air. The hose is starting to swall. Im thinking my water pump took off well ive been getting the timing figured out... Looking for suggestions/thoughts before I spend money and time on a new water pump...

· Registered
282 Posts
when cool remove the rad cap then run it till the thermostate open look in to the rad to see if the pump is flowing coolant
i wonder if the coolant smell you were getting has give the engine an air pocket in the head hope it not the head spacer leaking

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Sounds like you're having my compression/timing proplems from the past. '88 Swirl design piston's have a small dish, & G-head is small chamber= higher compression. Stock 2.5 was 9 to 1 . In '85 Shelby shaved .030" off the block deck giving 10 to 1 compression. I figure with your head & piston combo., and
.060 off the head (too thin) even with a .030 spacer you're still between 10.5
or 11 to 1. I used 10 degrees BTDC timing, Champion RN9YC plugs w/.035 gap, 195` thermostat w/vent hole, and cooling fan & shroud assy. from GLHT
or S.C.Turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.