Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there new here, just bought my turbo dodge (88 Shelby z 2.2L) Yesterday :p Already broke it...My Battery's dead cuz apparently I left something on...but I think my turbo may have blown off an oil hose or something.

Anyways I was wondering if my 2.2L Turbo Motor and all the fixin's (Tranny and stuff) would just bolt right into a first gen neon. cuz the motor and trans are mint...its just I hate the look of the K-Car Daytona's :p

·
Registered
768 Posts
Let me get this straight...you DON'T like the looks of the Daytonas, but you DO like Neons...

That's probably the funniest thing that I've heard today!!

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
why would you wanna do that? and what ^^said.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Yeah Daytonas are so much sexier looking than neons.. It would be so much easier to just fix the Daytona. And if you wanted to turbo a neon a SRT4 swap would be the better choice.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm im not liking this forum already..:p no its not that I don't like the look of the Daytona's They just remind me of Deloreans haha!

And I had just had this thing for a day and it already sh*t on me :p It's not fun. but I guess thats the price you pay for owning a turbo.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
hmm im not liking this forum already..:p
And I had just had this thing for a day and it already sh*t on me :p It's not fun. but I guess thats the price you pay for owning a turbo.
The price you pay for owning a turbo? how the F old are you? fix it, and put street rod tags on it, and stop complaining. OLD CARS BREAK. :bash:

Next time you buy a used turbo car, dont flaunt it to your friends till you break it, then come here complaining that TDs are crap.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Well welcome to TurboDodge.com!!! LOL

Seriously guys give him a break, he's posted on here all of twice. Lets try to be a "little" bit more welcoming to new members.

Hey you got something against the looks of Deloreans too, lol. I think that Dr. Emmett Brown and his Flux Capacitor would have something to say about that. lol

Marty McFly: Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?
Dr. Emmett Brown: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
Personally I absolutely hate that look of neons. They are way to "cute" for me. Def a girls car. That being said, my dad bought me one when I was 16 that my sister drives now, and I'm currently driving a different one because I'm rebuilding the engine in my Accord. Hopefully it will be done this week (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's nice I really really like the white ones with Dark tint like that And that T roofs..T roofs and sunroofs make a car look that much better. Mine was just really really dirty when I first seen it, so I didn't get a good impression but once I heard that turbo whirr up I changed my views. but I still think 22PSI is too much.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
TDs take some getting used to, they will grow on you if you wait long enough- just like mold. :p
Welcome aboard. :thumb:

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Ya take the time to fix her up and you will have a lot less headaches then swapping drivetrain into a neon. It's easier to fix when its factory set up. People have been fixing them for 20 years.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I remember when I first went to look at the Daytona I bought, I really didn't like the look of them either. But they certainly grow on you, and quick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts