Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I put the WB sensor into the bung on the swingvalve? or does it need to be away from the heat of the motor and whatnot? not sure if I got directions for it or not, as I got it from a friend for a good deal. thanks in advance.

Bryan

·
Registered
401 Posts
VB Bryan said:
can I put the WB sensor into the bung on the swingvalve? or does it need to be away from the heat of the motor and whatnot? not sure if I got directions for it or not, as I got it from a friend for a good deal. thanks in advance.

Bryan
The sensor needs to stay at 900F, so if you put it in the stock location it will overheat and the readings will not be accurate.

I had a $3 bung welded into the downpipe, just before where it makes the turn to go level with the ground and straight towards the gas tank.

Try to mount it so that the sensor is pointed downward slightly (I know, it's tough, not much clearance) so that condensation will run OUT of the sensor instead of into it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, cool. thanks!! I luckily it came with a weld-in bung and a bung plug. so I just have to get someone to weld that in and I will be good to go. cool, I appreciate the quick response.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
just did my wideband sensor install 24 hours ago.....as said, you do not want to install it in the swingvalve, need to locate further from the turbo but before the cat (if you have one) and at a slight down angle to drain any water which if allowed to collect in sensor could burn it out prematurely....a holesaw and a welder is all that is needed:

after i finished the install i plugged in my LM-1, took her out for a spin and was pleasently surprised to see my a/f ratio was about 11.3 to one at 18 psi boost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts