Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent three hours last night bending my lock arm trying to shove a chysler recommended clip into the receiver arm in the door. Looking online I don't see anything that fits my truck. I'm headed back home today (12 hour drive) and wil be checking my shop manuals, but I don't think they even list the clips, much less an OEM number to get a replacement. What have people here used that works? I managed to get the actual tumbler itself to take a GM clip, but neither the napa gm or chrysler/gm clip would work in for the other side of the arm. Currently have no working locks and my residence has a decent population and known theft around my place.

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
The door handle rods and lock rod clips are color coded. If you know what color the original one is, TYPICALLY the NAPA counter guy can get you the one that will fit based on it's color. I think the colors available are yellow, blue, green....with yellow and green being used in the L-body cars.

Been there, done that and it's got to be one of the most frustrating jobs to have to do, can't hardly see it, can't get a tool in there and if you've got big hands it's soooo frustrating. I remember having to try balancing the light a hundred times just so I could see what was going on, and I think that I actually cliped a piece of heavy copper wire on the rod so that I could position it and then used a long screw driver to push it in the hole, and then used another long tool to help me push the clip over the end of the rod. Bending the clip out a little helps it slip over the rod.

The Chrysler number for the lock cylinder rod clip that goes on the latch assembly (LINK, Lock Cylinder to Latch) is #3760 130-1
for the interior latch rod on the door latch assembly (LATCH, Front Door Inside) the number is #2945 108-9
ROD, Door Latch Locking Control Push and LINK w/SLEEVE, Door Latch Remote Control to Latch is #3454 220-1

Maybe this diagram will help a little:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts