Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am Heather and I am addicted to mopar turbos! My first car was a 1985 Chrysler Daytona Turbo Z, she talked, had the infamous navigation and was my rolling home on wheels for 8 years. I ended up selling her for 300.00 and now that I am older and wiser(maybe). I recently picked up a 1990 Daytona Shelby with a 2.5 in it. I let my husband go and check out the car as he is also a lover of the turbo and we purchased it for 1300.00. To see the car please check out Daytona Shelby compilation on you tube. I believe it is the second video, she is Red with the big dodge emblem on the rear window. Needless to say this is from her better days. We went to pick her up and I actually asked my husband if we bought a tractor, she was running so rough and smoking so bad. We got her home by trailer as I knew she would not make the almost 2 hr journey. Now she is sitting at the mechanics getting an engine rebuild and will be my husbands baby. Oh I forgot to mention that we had picked up a completely rebuilt 2.5 that is built for 300 to 350hp the same day but this is going into my monster..so now I am on the look out for a car with a nice body to drop her into. I am told that if I run a V Pro system on it I will have a 10 sec Daytona....I can not wait! I will be sure to upload videos! I am glad to have found a forum to gain knowledge and parts from!

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Welcome to the forum! How about posting some pic's up including your engine bay.

Dennis

·
*_QUEEN WRENCHER_*
296 Posts
Well welcome mopar lover! It's great to have ya! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask! I personally love Dayton's and cant wait to see some pics of your ride!

-tif

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
welcome to the list! I may be old but I am still in awe of how many ladys are building cars today. There have been great women racers out there, my favorite being John Forces daughter Ashley. Check out the 20 PSI thread and the stage 2 thread, stage 2 is more up the direction you may be looking for. Please no pink text though, Tif is going to make me go blind lol

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Welcome To The Forum:thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! I promise no pink text! I am currently at work and do not have pictures of the car but here are some of the engine for my monster and some specs on it.
G bathtub head
3 angle valve grind
converted to roller cam
lapped head
mopar performance "005" head gasket
lapped block surface
20 thou over forged Weisco pistons
balance shafts removed
upgraded oil pick up
polished crank
balanced rotating assembly
billet thermostat housing
ported exhaust manifold
2 piece intake manifold
AEM fuel injector rail
AEM fuel pressure regulator
Mopar performance injectors +40's
Mopar performance computer
Turbonectics t3/t4 hybrid 60 trim Turbo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
nice clean looking motor

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
looks great! get rid of the Mopar performance computer though lol. Get a stage 5 from FWD or try Shel-game here for a flashable computer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts