Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope somebody can help me.

The way it looks right now, I'll be buying HolsetShelby's 86 Turbo Z C/S.
Now the engine is seized and I'm looking for one in the Pittsburgh area to drop in it's place.

I will be a little strapped for cash once I buy this thing and get a new windshield so I'm looking for a good hook up /deal if possible.

And what other Chrysler products uses the 2.2 Turbo 1. Every boneyard I called states that don't carry that engine, that's why I'm putting this call out.

Anybody that can help I would greatly appreciate it. :)

jj86gn

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Lebaron, shadow, spirit, new yorker, duster, 600, but usually the yards have all the interchange info and know if they have an engine that will fit your car.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
There is a guy in our local SDAC chapter (Steel City Chapter: SWPA-SDAC: 'The Steel City Chapter' Homepage) has an '87 GLHS engine that had an original 15k miles on it, been sitting since 1990 or so. I could get you in contact with him if you're interested.

Also, I have a 2.2 T1 from an '86 Shelby Charger that I've been sitting on for a few years now. It ran great when I pulled it (car was wayyy too rusty to fix). I've taken a couple of small pieces off of it here and there over the years (FPR, alternator, dist. block). This was a great running motor, but I'd be willing to sell it for the right price. Let me know if you are interested, as I am located 30 miles south of Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plymouthturismo2.2

Yeah,
If you could see what the guy wants for his 2.2 turbo I that would be great. If it too much what do you want for your's and how many miles is on it??

According to HolsetShelby the head gasket went and then the engine siezed. Everything is there so I can just swap the stuff you took off. Outside of cleaning it up and putting the pieces back on should your's just drop in??

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
plymouthturismo2.2

Yeah,
If you could see what the guy wants for his 2.2 turbo I that would be great. If it too much what do you want for your's and how many miles is on it??

According to HolsetShelby the head gasket went and then the engine siezed. Everything is there so I can just swap the stuff you took off. Outside of cleaning it up and putting the pieces back on should your's just drop in??
$400 for the whole motor. That includes the 2 piece intake and t2 garret turbo that are worth $400 alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts