Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been desperately searching for an 87-91 Dodge Daytona. I don’t have a specific trim but I really want to find a tan exterior one. My Dad(who has been gone for 20 years) had one when I was little and I never knew what happened to it. My mom sold it after he had passed away. I doubt the actual Daytona is around anymore but if I could find one similar, I think I would cry. All I remember is it was a manual and its rims looked like the ones pictured and seats like the one pictured.
I apologize for the vagueness. Thank you for you time.
Car Vehicle Car seat cover Window Automotive design
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z
37 Posts
I don’t personally have one. However, it sounds like what you’re looking for is a Shelby Z, judging by the rims shown. I sounds like your father had a Shelby Z, which is basically the performance model of the car.
I do love the tan interiors, though I don’t believe I’ve seen one around here, yet.

A good place to look I’ve found is Facebook market place. It’s where I got mine.
craigslist is also an option, despite being dominated by FB Marketplace.
cars and bids is also another site one might appear too.

Another tip I have is if you have AAA tow’s available, within a certain radius they’ll pickup a “breakdown car” but that doesn’t specify how long ago it had to be broken down, so you can pretty much use that should it be in the radius.

another option you have is to get a regular ES Daytona and make it look how you remember it looking. Just keep in mind the ES (as far as I’m aware) is not turbo charged, and may or may not have the 5-speed manual.

I apologize I myself do not have what you’re looking for, but I really hope you do find it. Hopefully the info I provided can help you out.

·
Super Moderator
11,839 Posts
don't take this the wrong way when I ask how old you were when you formed the memory of your dad's car..

to my recollection there were no gold or tan Daytona with pop up headlamps ..

and there would DEFINITELY be none built those colours with those specific wheels

in 1989 dodge did have an interior colour similar that that of a filter from a smoked cigarette butt..
that one's rare as hell .. I've only ever seen one

if you were really really young .. you might be remembering bits of things that you string together thinking they're one and the same (?)

I say that because all my life I had a memory of being in my grandmother's kitchen looking out the door..
but the view was wrong .. should be a small front yard and the street but I had a memory of a large shady yard and my toys scattered about it..

then I saw the house my parents rented for a year when I was two.. cough ..two

I recognized the yard.. but have no memory of that house's kitchen .. I can only presume it was somehow similar to my grandmother's ..

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a '87 Red Shelby Z T-Tops with tan leather interior. It came with the Crab wheels and 225-50-15 tires. If his dad's car had the '89 wheels it would be easy enough to swap out the wheels. I wish my car look this good these days this was taken back in 2005 Ron
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts