Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any takers? preferably free, or even just to borrow a good one(yeah right!).
I am trying to fab up a new tubular equal length header and could use a mule for the engine stand. Lemme know if anyone has anything. I remember reading Klee? possibly having a shot head on a spirit r/t? Beuller?... Beuller?

·
Registered
199 Posts
The original head on my rt is not as bad as I thought . I scored a low mileage head with GOOD cams so I'm using it.
The original head is scarred from tiny pieces of rod bearings in the journals but it still is useable , cleaned up the two journals closest to the cam belt by VERY light use of 600 grit sand paper and oil and only removed the high points of the scratches and removed almost none of the journal bearing surface and it cleaned up pretty good but the others are hard to get to so it should be taken to a machine shop to hone all of them. I was going to use this head and the low mileage head has the same scarring but not as bad that is why i'm using the one I just picked up.
So i'm either keeping it as a spare or may need to sell it to get 0.040 os pistons.

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
clickhere33 said:
cool, let me give things a few days to see what responses i get. i already got a local offer to lend me a good head, but anyone with a dead one would be nice so i don't have to rush getting things back. it isn't my #1 priority at the moment.
Me either, the 16v project is on the back burner for at least 6-8 months or maybe never!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts