Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Here's the story on the car. The body is an 86 Z. The engine is from an 89 Shelby Daytona. The engine ran very strong and boosted like a SOB when it was in the 89 body. It is a stock set up. So after getting it all put back together in the 86 and driving it. I've got mucho oil in the intake system.:bang head I first noticed it when I pulled into my garage and a pretty bad oil leak coming from where the trans sits. Found it was coming from the DSM BOV I've installed. On a whim, I took the lower intercooler hose off and found that it was completely full of oil! Never had this problem when it was in the 89. I'm wondering if it is the PCV sucking too much oil. Attached are pics of how the PCV is routed now.
Also. Having boost issues with this new build. Story on this one. When it was in the shelby body it boosted fine. Now in the 86 body, if I install a G-valve it overboosts like a mad man! Trying to get it settled around 11.5-12 psi. I've read many forums on how to install and I know I'm doing it right. If I take the g-valve out. The car will only boost to 6 psi max. It has an 87 Shelby lancer LM in btw.
Any help would be great. I've got to get this car all done and on daily driven by the end of June. Thanks!

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
Not really. I don't see PCV leaking that much oil into the intercooler after only 30 miles. Turbo, on the other hand, have a pressurized oil feed line right behind it. If the seal are bad, I can see it leaking that much oil.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. :thumb: Looks like the original T1 turbo is getting modified this weekend. And one have any good ideas on the intake port that has to be made on that? I have a friend that has flanged out an exhaust pipe before. But thats kinda ghetto. :p

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This might help but I dont think the shelby LM was suppose to be used on anything but shelby cars.
The car has had a full swap from an 89 Shelby Daytona. Everyone I've talked to says I have to run either this LM. Or one from a GLHS. It had some speed bumps to get it running sweet. But it runs pretty damn strong till I noticed the oil from the BOV.

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
This might help but I dont think the shelby LM was suppose to be used on anything but shelby cars.
Yeah, Shelby LM are really crap compare to a Dodge Daytona Shelby one.

Limit boost to only car only have 174lbs ft of torque, where Dodge Daytona Shelby LM will give you 200lbs so that A525 can live.

Not sure why anybody would want want to use a Shelby or GLHS LM. They are inferior than factory Dodge LM.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I dont know about the Shelby LM being crap but there made only for Shelby numbered cars. Get a Mopar performance lm for your car. I would try a 1987 t2 computer. Than you can g valve it or whatever. Overboost can fry a piston so I would do a compression check. I have a car that was overboosted and it was blowing oil everywhere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts