Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got the car running after two years :drinking:. The battery has sat for that long and to my surprise is still had juice and started the car right up. For the last day or two i've been starting the car then turning it off multiple times to fix this/that etc. I now have trouble code(s) 13 and 47.

I know 13 is the map sensor and 47 is the voltage being too low. I was wondering if the low voltage could cause the map sensor error. I need to go buy a new battery charger so I can get the battery charged and go from there. I also plan on replacing my ground wires at the same time due to some of them being missing and or close to non existent.

Side note, dose the map need its own vac line or is it fine to run it with the stock boost gauge? I currently have them teed together.

Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
25,735 Posts
Map requires a dedicated vacuum source.
Factory had the Map and FPR on the same vacuum source since they work together.
If you have a vacuum block give each their own vacuum source.

Before chasing a Code 47 (or any code) be sure you have a good/fully charged battery.
After replacing the battery if charging voltage across the battery terminals is low post back and I will give you the diagnostics.

CHECKING MAP SENSOR
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f14/344296-code-13-diagnostics.html

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Map requires a dedicated vacuum source.
Factory had the Map and FPR on the same vacuum source since they work together.
If you have a vacuum block give each their own vacuum source.

Before chasing a Code 47 (or any code) be sure you have a good/fully charged battery.
After replacing the battery if charging voltage across the battery terminals is low post back and I will give you the diagnostics.

CHECKING MAP SENSOR
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f14/344296-code-13-diagnostics.html
Thanks NAJ, I'll buy a battery charger in the next few days and give the map its own line and see what happens.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update. Charged the battery and ran a line for the map. Car runs without codes now.

thread can be closed as I have started a new thread for the current issues.

THANKS AGAIN NAJ!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts