Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Im beginning to become frustrated with the lack of aftermarket parts available for my daytona and was thinking about moving on to another car. I have been looking to lower my daytona to give it a bit of a new look but cannot seem to come up with a good way to do it, besides cutting springs or the rather expensive eibach kits, or seen many with it done. If anyone does have their daytona lowered, I would love to see some pictures of it as well as know how they went about doing it.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Clearly you have a car that does not suit your needs, drive it out here and leave it with me and I'll pay for your plane ticket back home, especially if it's blue.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
how low do ya wanna go ?

my 86 turbo z sitts about 1 inch lower than my 87 shelby z

should be the same with regards to your 89 - I know they're not the lowest , a buddy had an 89 shelby new and I thought it sat kinda high

try compareing your car to the first gen turbo z - if the turbo z is low enough swap in a set of those springs - should be pretty cheep

remember a daytona turbo vs a turbo z are two diff cars and the turbo z should be lower

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
interesting as i will lower my daytona as well, so if a 84-6 Z is lower than my 92 i might grab a set from those years daytona

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
eyeball it first

I put the good struts and springs from my 87 z into the blue car below and the front end went up
then I noticed the back of my 87 was higher than the 86 too

you can see a little diff from front to back in the pic
it has 215 60 15's on all corners

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
will have to do that,

as i dont really know if i want to pay out $300 for a set of eibach's from forward motion

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
should only make about an inch of diff

with the changes to the a arms and the front of the front wheel well opening the 215 60 15's should fit better on the 92's

but I haven't test fitted them on mine yet

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
should only make about an inch of diff

with the changes to the a arms and the front of the front wheel well opening the 215 60 15's should fit better on the 92's

but I haven't test fitted them on mine yet
i haven't figured out what size tires i am going with yet, right know i have a set of 17" rims on there but they are one size larger than stock and they rub a bit, might just go with a set of 16" pumpers

Neon struts and springs up front, 1 cut coil on back. Sits about as low as it will go before affecting ride and steering
will first gen neon struts and springs be a direct bolt on, if so i can just grab a set of coilovers for my daytona

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
naw that would be just too easy ...
How much modding does it take? Or would I be better off just going with the turbo z shocks? I would like to just cut my springs but I dont have a spring compressor and all the shops in my area have laughed at me so far when I asked if they can cut a coil off my springs.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
sorry I was being sarcastic
I honestly don't know what you have to do to use the neon coil overs

you could get a spring compressor from a partssupplier that does loan a tool or from some tool rental shop

then you could do it yourself

- and laugh at them 'cause they ain't makin your money today

·
Registered
271 Posts
That actually is informative and brings up ideas about new possibilities but this is for an L body, later in the thread it says it will not work on the daytona which is what I have
You can use the Neon struts on the Daytona, but you have to modify the upper mounting point. The struts do bolt up to the knuckle with no problems. I guess it depends on how much you want to modify your strut towers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts