Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would I go about doing this? The springs in the front I would assume have to be the same as another model like the rampage...maybe the charger? So what springs will fit?

Also, with leaf springs in the back, how do you go about lowering it and how hard is it to do?

· Registered
21 Posts
How far are you planning on driving this car? Short distance or Long distance? If its a short commute I would recommend flipping your rear axle and cutting your front springs. If you didn't want to cut your front springs I would measure your diameter and do some hunting in salavage yards.

· Registered
9,292 Posts
you flip the axle completely over and the mounts end up on top and that creates the drop as the shocks are now traveling different than stock and the springs are in a different location

· Registered
348 Posts
I did a search, and as they stated: http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f23/30742-lowering-rear-rampage.html

search 'lowered rampage'. seems most ppl do a rear axle flip, and probably shelby charger springs in the front, or Eibachs maybe. Or, do the neon conversion. There is a how to on boostedmopar on how to do it. go look it up there. As for the rear drop, it will lower it the height of the axle+spring... so probably around 3" i'd guess??

here's thje link in that post to one:

MY 12 SEC RAMPAGE!!,my other cars to!! - lachute, Quebec

· Registered
9,292 Posts
mine has an axle flip, it drops it about 2 inches, the 15s with 205/50 series tires arent quite tucked into the wells
it does bottom out everywhere i go, the front has neon coilovers and its about 1in lower in the front than the rear

· Banned
1,112 Posts
start supersizing your value meals. eat more fried chicken........
extremepickup- thats a sharp lil rampage you got there. i'd pull off those vent gaurds though, they totally dont fit at all! or at least trim them down in the back. ditch the roadkill on the front fenders too, lol

what they are talking about by axle flip is what mini truckers commonly do
your axle currently sits underneath your leaf springs. flipping the axle means taking the axle and mounting it ON TOP of the leaf springs. this lowers the rear by the same amount as the thickness of the axle. what you have effectively done is to reduce the distance between the body and the axle. its pretty east and can be done in an afternoon. you will need longer U-bolts i believe. you'll see what i mean when you take the axle and sit it on top of the springs. make sure that you have sufficient length of threads protruding thru the nuts after you tighten them down. you want at least 2 times the diameter of the U-bolt sticking out past the nuts when they are fully tightened. otherwise there is a chance that the u bolts could pull thru the nuts and your axle separates from the car- very very bad. you dont need a lot , just an inch or so. be sure to cut off any excess or the ends of the u bolts will drag over bumps and stuff. everywhere you go it'll look like you chained Wolverine to the back of your ride and drug him around. looks cool but it hurts your ass

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.