Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks !

Does anyone have his or her cruiser equiped with lowering springs ? I orderd them by Vmaxx and they wil lower the car for 3 centimeter. What does it on the driving capacity ? Better or not ? And what about the rims ? Do they make contact with the vehicule if you drive over bad ways ?

See the constructor of the lowering springs ( Vmaxx )

Hope to hear some replies I greet you !

Den Door.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PHANTUM PT CRUISER said:
I'm using GoldLine Slam series (GL-0301) springs on mine 2 3/4 front and 3 1/4 in the rear. I'm looking into going to a big size wheel as well the help with a little of the clearance 18" on 235 45 18. Still have to watch for larger object and go in and out of the driveway real slow/angle. :)
Do you have a picture of the Cruiser ?

·
Registered
17,456 Posts
I am lowered- GLP300 (2" drop in the rear, 1.8 in the front). OEM rims and tires, no scrapping, nor should there be with 17" or 18" ones either, providing that the overall height remains the same.

Part of the installation procedure is to cut OFF some of the BUMP STOP so that srapping does NOT happen. Its in the materials that come with the springs...

Here are some pics:

trimmed bump-stops:

Before/After:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Recently installed H&R Sport springs, advertised 1.4" drop front, 1.3" rear. Actual drop is about 1.2 front, 1.3 rear. Bump stops trimmed, no problems, ride is firmer & corners flatter. Very happy with results!

·
Registered
17,709 Posts
QT said:
I have Eibachs on my wife's PT, 1.6" front and 2" in the back. Bump stops are trimmed and there is no problem bottoming out.
I have the Progress lowering springs, with the bump stops also trimmed. No problems there, either.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Den Door said:
Hey folks !
Does anyone have his or her cruiser equiped with lowering springs ? I orderd them by Vmaxx and they wil lower the car for 3 centimeter. What does it on the driving capacity ? Better or not ? And what about the rims ? Do they make contact with the vehicule if you drive over bad ways ?

See the constructor of the lowering springs ( Vmaxx )

Hope to hear some replies I greet you !

Den Door.
3 cm is less than 1.5 inches. It will handle turns better, rims (tires) will not be a problem. The only time I get "contact" is when car is fully loaded, and going too fast over a bad bump. You will have to watch for scraping in the front - I chose only to lower the rear, since the front already can scrape sometimes.
To do it: http://www.ptdoityourself.net/ptgoldlineguide.html

O

·
0 Posts
We have Progress springs, I thought 2.0" all aound, maybe not though. Our GT bottoms out terably in the front on the slightest crack/manhole cover in the road. It pains me every time it happens. Opps, yes the bump stops were trimmed. I'm hoping it's the OEM struts/shocks that need upgrading. I pretty much have my route down as to where the bumps are on my 60 mi. daily commute.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts