Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a luggage rack on the trunk of my GTC. However, the seal that seals between it the trunk is coming apart. You have to buy that seal from the dealer with the rack but you can't even get the rack anymore.

Anyhow, I just bought a parts car with a trunk that doesn't have the rack and I'm curious which you guys would think looks better. I like the rack but it seems to be more of a pain than it's worth.

· Registered
750 Posts
maybe find a spoiler that will fit that bend at trunks "drop off". It deffinetly needs something, but Im sure there is something better suited than a few strips of tacky aluminum:thumb:nice cars btw.

· Banned
313 Posts
I always like the understated style of that luggage rack. I bet if you check on an aftermarket kit for like a minivan luggage rack, or even a new replacement part for a minivan roof rack, you may find the type of seal you need. Cut to fit.

· Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
maybe find a spoiler that will fit that bend at trunks "drop off". It deffinetly needs something, but Im sure there is something better suited than a few strips of tacky aluminum:thumb:nice cars btw.
Thanks, the black one was my old 90 TIV GTC. I sold it because it was too far gone. I didn't have any good pics of the current GTC's rack. The white one is a parts car I picked up in Idaho last weekend. I'm contemplating using the trunk.

As for using the rack. I never have on any of my three GTCs. I had thought about using a discrete spoiler. Something an inch tall, as tall as the rear bar on the rack. Something to that effect, if could find it because I can't stand the LeBaron spoiler.

Thanks for the opinions guys.

· Registered
2,387 Posts
I love luggage racks. I was going to put a factory black one on my Sundance. I chose not to though, and would recommend to you to use the non-rack trunk lid and not drill the holes needed for the rack in it based on the fact that drilling for anything like that on a trunk.hatch on these cars leads to rust. Almost every Shadow I see with a factory rear spoiler is rusted out along the bottom lip. Stick to the rackless trunk lid if your seal is leaking and call it a day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.