Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I will cruise to the local mopar dealership to look at the new cars and while I am there I p/u a couple oil filters. I usually get Mopar MO-409 04105409AC from the parts department for my '85 GLH Turbo and '90 LeBaron VNT. This time, when I asked for oil filters for my cars, I got the Magneti Marelli filter part # AML-004 1AML00004A. When I open the boxes at home I discovered a slightly shorter and lighter filter, and the mounting flange is flat and not convex like I am used too. Any expert advice on these new Magneti Marelli oil filters?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Can't really shed any light on the new filters, but I have always used Wix gold 1348 since they were new. Which will also fit both of your vehicles. They are available in Master packs of 12 (1348MP). About once a year, they go on sale and are really inexpensive if bought this way. Last time a purchased I paid $42 shipped for a master pack of 12. That is $3.50 per filter.
There is lots of studies on oil filters. Do a little searching and you may find info out on the new filters. I know a while back lots changed in the manufacturing of oil filters.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Todd,
I use Wix, Napa and Mopar in the spectrum of filters and recently got these and they do not seem as heavy duty but I'm just going off of my observations. I am going to call the parts guy at the dealership I got them from and ask a few questions to confirm application etc.....I do know that my local walmart still carries the Mopar (blue, white and silver boxes) filters. Curious to see if anyone else here has used the Magneti Marelli filters
on their TD. Thanks!

·
Administrator
24,336 Posts
Two things...
1)IMO, bar none Mobil 1 Oil Filters are the best oil filter on the market.
2)Remember who owns and is the controlling interest in Chrysler...Fiat, and soon to be Fiat/Chrysler/Peugeot so parts changing from a Mopar label to a European label will become more commonplace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts