Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here is a stupid question. I have a '89 turbo van & my 'Maint Reqd' light is on, in fact its been on for several months as I drive this everyday. The van has 241,300+ miles :eek: on it too.

My question is: How does it go out, to turn it off or whats required to make 'it go away'? :confused: Any suggestions? Funny or seroius comments welcome. :p This is a driver van that I have alot fo fun with, so I'm not looking to give it up anytime soon. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
scanner will turn it off. some older dodges actually had a module in the dash and the light would come on when the 9 volt battery in it died. Some vehicles have a reset button on the back of the cluster to reset. I don't know if yours does. The 9 volt ones killed me I think they were mid 80's full size vans. disconnecting the module would fix them forever. I believe that light comes on about every 60k. The scanner will definatly turn it off.
Tim

·
Registered
999 Posts
That was what I think Chrysler screwed up on the most. Oops, did I say that?:) It was just their way of getting you to come to the dealer for no reason at all.:bang head

·
Old School Hot Rodder
1,511 Posts
Chrysler isn't the only one. I used to make a bit resetting the lights on MGs and Jaguars, theirs was a little odometer under the bonnet (hood to you colonials). It required a special key to reset to 00000. Ford had one and GM along with AMC.

·
Administrator
25,737 Posts
The controller uses "Ignition On Time" to calculate maintainance intervals.
You need a scanner to turn the light out on your vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts