Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went through and got the great idea to play around with making a nice new wiring harness. I got this idea when I was swapping my Rampage over to T2 and the injector harness was all chewed up and rotted out. So I made one for it and I would call it my "prototype" just to see if I could do it and get it to work. Here is a pic of how that one came out on a 2 piece intake that was on my Rampage, and almost the last thing that I have left from the poor ole Rampage since it got parted out. But the thing worked like a charm until the engine had a malfunction and lost a piston.

But when I got to talking to Austin (turbomini), he told me that he needed a new harness for his hybrid project, so I went through and pulled out a few parts from my storage and started to throw a new harness together for him and I thought I would throw a pic of it up and show what kind of progress I am having with it.

But I was just wondering what people thought of it.

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to find a NOS one for the CSX, may need to have you make one for the GLH TII project(not sure if I have any injector harnesses out there or not lol).
I could get one put together for the ole CSX if need be, but I would be more than happy to get one put together for the GLH, I actually have fun with making them. Granted, I am finding that the heat shrink sleeves can be a PITA, but it just makes everything look better.

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and I just remembered, if you look closely at the connectors to the injectors, you will notice that it has an easy release component to make it a lot easier to remove the harness when desired.

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would have to get a hold of a few people on the connector and get the right color in terms of wires but I am pretty sure that I could get it to look just about exactly like what it is suppose to. What I would need from you is the connector portion that hooks up to the harness, but I could get it close. But one for the GLH would be real easy, heck I had the first one done in about 3 hours, and that is having all of the parts pulled from the car and the part cooled from the solder and heat shrinked and hooked back onto the car and the car was running.

· Premium Member
16,491 Posts
if you can make one look exactly like OEM then id be interested in one for the CSX and the GLH. CSX has to be as near original as possible:nodding:
OHHH you picky ass! lol but you should put a hybrid in the omni....:rolleyes:

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wallace is the owner of Lonewolf Performance and has a Dodge Omni with a 16v Hybrid engine and has a bunch of hp coming from it. Putting a hybrid into an Omni reminds me of his car.

· Premium Member
16,491 Posts
Wallace is the owner of Lonewolf Performance and has a Dodge Omni with a 16v Hybrid engine and has a bunch of hp coming from it. Putting a hybrid into an Omni reminds me of his car.
OHHH i feel like a ass lol i am posting in one of his threads lol opps. not to good with peoples real names! lol opps.

but back on topic what gauge wire do you use?

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will have to check in the morning, I am wanting to say 12 gauge for the main parts, but the ones that run up to them is about 18 gauge. But I do not completely remember off the top of my head. But it is heavy enough to handle just about anything that you throw at it. Besides, I am running it higher then what is suggested and is normally used as a safety measure.

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yah, from all of the wiring diagrams that I have seen, everything before 90 was a batch firing, and after that, it is single firing. I am basing this one off of the 89 diagrams out of the Shop Manual. And it is the same way for the 87 and 84. The only thing that differed between them all is the connector.

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yah, they are setup so that 2 of them fire at the same time, and that way there are fewer wires going to/from the injectors. But it is close to being finished. Just have to finalize lengths and get a few more connectors and it will be done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.