Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if it would be possible to put the large input shaft from a later 523 or 568 into my pre 91 a568, or would i have to put the complete gearset from a later transmisson to make this swap work. I am assuming that i would seeing as how the ratios changed when the input shaft got bigger. Also, how much torque will a small spline 568 hold? i Am used to dealing with the old mopar stuff (a833) and built transmissions for cummins trucks so i am kind of weary as to how small the input shaft really is on this transmission,

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
about how much will an a568 take then? i know im not goin to be setting any records or anything but i also dont want to go out and break a trans that i just bought.

L

·
0 Posts
You will break alot more things before you will ever break off the splined area on an input shaft. I have never seen even a small spline 523 shaft ever go bad. You will be fine:thumb:

·
Registered
604 Posts
The only option for a larger shaft would be a 91' 568. A 523 won't match the gear pitch and tooth count and the 92+ 568 uses a different 1st gear ratio.

On that note, don't be worried about breaking an input shaft, it's very very unlikely.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much, that makes me feel alot better. I know that i shouldnt compare the parts to what i am used to working with but i cant help it. I see the power that some of you guys are putting down and cnat belive thaat some of these parts are holding on. Well thanks again for being very helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts