Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up this ‘89 Plymouth non-Grand Voyager, 2.5 TBI Auto
Pretty clean, from original family, still had window sticker from since-closed local dealer. A/C still works and was about the only option checked lol
We just bought it a few months ago and it was desperately in need of suspension and brakes.
We picked up a newer K-frame and knuckles from a ‘94 Grand Caravan at the pick n pull for $50 and swapped it in and while in there put on new front quick struts, new outer tie rods, new ball joints and all new front big brakes.
Pro tip; anyone wanting to keep their van 5x100, but use 11” brakes, just bolt in the car, or small brake front bearings and use the 11” rotors for the cars(not vans).
Also put on a set of those Monroe load adjusting coil-over shocks in the back and will be getting to the drum brake rebuild hopefully next weekend.
Plans for the future may include an MPFI swap, possibly even the whole engine from my Spirit build:surprise:
Maybe swapping in a later minivan rear axle with disc brakes.
And eventually mounting a light bar on the roof:)

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Being a newbie to this forum and the Dodge turbo world, I am truly impressed by what you have done. Regretfully I do not have sufficient income to tour the scrap yards which are rather expensive here. How did you know how to match up all these different parts? I am very impressed by what you have accomplished, you should be very proud.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Being a newbie to this forum and the Dodge turbo world, I am truly impressed by what you have done. Regretfully I do not have sufficient income to tour the scrap yards which are rather expensive here. How did you know how to match up all these different parts? I am very impressed by what you have accomplished, you should be very proud.
Thank you for those kind words!
Nothing much to be proud of lol
but as far as knowledge of these mods; research Research RESEARCH!
A lot of parts swapping and figuring things out has already been pioneered for our rad cars, so search places like these forums, browse the junkyards with some tools and test theories/swap parts there, bring a tape measure, use RockAuto.com to see if things interchange, or sometimes can find specs.

If there’s specific info needed that cannot be found, ASK and one of the helpful folks here WILL help.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just wrapped up the taillight swap. Had to de-pin the white 12v output wire from the brake light switch and run a wire from that, back to the stop lamps. Doing that also keeps it from tying into the turn signal switch, which would cause both lamps to light simultaneously during either function.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts