Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a MBC make noise? Ive boughten two diferent turbosmart ones. Have it mounted in the cabin, and can hear and feel them both whistle on the valve body. Recently just got a different turbo swap(super70tofwd 50 trim) and have troubles building boost. Initially thought it was the MBC so I bought a new one. Drove it for a few miles and didn't seem to make a sound, increase boost response some but not a lot. Mounted the new one properly the next day instead of hanging there, and it began to make the noise and bleed out air in the body. Do I have faulty products? I rechecked the vac lines seem good. Any insight would be aprreciated thanks. I'm not a pro mechanic , most my work gets done by others.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Well have you ever ran without an MBC?

Turbos do whistle a bit regardless. My car has no mbc and theres a whistle at high way speeds in without a lot of boost.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The boost controller is whistling , can hear air expelling from the middle of them. There's to holes drilled into the middle of the body of them. Not the turbo noise .. Lol.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
The boost controller is whistling , can hear air expelling from the middle of them. There's to holes drilled into the middle of the body of them. Not the turbo noise .. Lol.
Ok lol. I cant be of too much help here because I personally have not used an mbc, I just run computer controlled.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I guess I'll unhook it and see what happens. It does have +20 and a 14lbs FWD cal in it also. Everything is trial and error for me, always at a price. Not sure how well the 50 trim would spool vs super70. Thought that was the issue but I'm having the same trouble building boost.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It can certainly make noise (like a vaccuum leak) if its a type that "bleeds" off air pressure before the wastegate. The type that just restricts the air should be quiet though. However, a lot of times I don't know what I'm talking about.:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts