Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
25,736 Posts
Been working at a dealership for 13 years and have never heard of that.
What type of scanner are you using?
If it is not a DRB3 try using Global OBD2 instead of IDing the vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a POS scanner that I got from like advance or autozone but it has work by eraseing my trouble codes.
Im pretty sure it was like U1108 or something, im not shure because I had a NO BUS U0155 code for a loose wire in the back of the guage cluster and erased it, and am now having another problem with the starter, batt, or alternator which i havent figured out yet.????

·
Administrator
25,736 Posts
U codes are communication codes, did you repair that problem?
What is your battery, starter, charging problem?
Give me the last 8 digits of your vin and mileage so i can find the proper diagnostic info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last 8 digits are 4d502621 and my mileage is 46220. The previously posted cell codes were not the right ones but they are U codes.
These are the correct codes U11oc and U10155.
I just pop started the car and drove it for about 15 minutes and my ABS light and BRAKE lights were coming on and off and my rpm and speedo were like freezing up or not working at all.
My scanner is a Actron CP9135 OBDII.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My battery problem i can't figure out,i charge the batt and it started the car ran for a while and when i turned it off was unable to start it again. Car runs without the battery in so idk.
Im running a 1200 watt stereo system so im thinking that the alternator isnt strong enough????

·
Administrator
25,736 Posts
First the fault codes,
U110C is No Fuel Level Bus Message
U0155 is No Cluster Bus Message.
Unfortunatly you have to be able to communicate with the instrument cluster with your scanner to diagnoise and I do not think an aftermarket scanner can do this.

As far as your no start/no crank problem, if the battery keeps going dead I would start with checking for parasitic drain.
Be sure the battery is fully charged and able to pass a load test.(Battery was replaced under warranty on 5/09/07 at 31742 miles)
Disconnect the - battery cable and connect an Ammeter in seris between the - battery cable and - battery post. Be sure the key and all accessories are off, and the doors are closed, wait 30 seconds for all controllers to time out. Put the Ammeter on a 10 amp scale and read the current draw(amperage), you should not have more than 30 milliamps draw(.030).If the draw is higher than that you have to start by removing fuses 1 at a time to see if the draw comes down, when you find the fuse that lowers the draw that is the problem circuit, if you cannot locate it by removing fuses you have to unplug accessories and controllers 1 at a time to isolate the problem circuit.
Since you have an aftermarket sound system installed I would start there but with your communication codes I would not rule out a faulty controller.
Your basic warranty is expired but you still have powertrain warranty ($100 deductible) and extended federal emissions warranty so you may want to see what that covers.It may be covered if the MIL was illuminated.
No Open Recalls.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey man thanks a lot I am going to give it a try and hope that i can solve this problem, Ill let you know my results.

Thanks

chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you think that my u0155 no cluster bus cell code could be a loose wire/plug in the back of the cluster?????

·
Administrator
25,736 Posts
Here are Chryslers flow charts for U0155 and No Response from Instrument Cluster and the cluster connector pinout.
See possible causes and read flow charts carefully, start with U0155 before moving to No Response from Instrument Cluster. You may not be able run the diagnostics without the use of the DRB3 scan tool.

·
Administrator
25,736 Posts
There are not any aftermarket scanners that will allow you access to all modules/controllers on your vehicle.
First there would not be enough space in the programming to hold all the info for every vehicle.Aftermarket scanners are not dedicated to any 1 particular make of vehicle.
Second, Chrysler will not release all of the info, they are only required by law to give access to emission related DTC's/Malfunctions.
The only way you can gain access to all info is with a Chrysler DRB3, even with that the supercard will not access Crossfire,Sprint, Prowler, Sebring Coupe/Stratus and Avenger/Talon. There are seperate program cards for each of these vehicles.
We are a Jeep Dealer but they buy a lot of Crossfires at auction and we do not have the card for Crossfire so we cannot access them. when we have a problem with them we have to send the car to a Chrysler dealer. You cannot even reset the low tire pressure light on a Crossfire without the DRB3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts