Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a MAP bleed to be installed on my 84 T1. I plan on installing it in the vacuum line after it splits off into 2 lines. One of the lines goes to the fuel pressure regulator and the other goes to the firewall. Is it ok to put it after the split but before the line goes through the firewall to the sensor. Also, how many turns does it take to see a difference.

·
Registered
376 Posts
just a question since I've never heard of this map sensor bleed.. my guess is that it bleeds the line going to the map.. but without being an idiot and assuming what it really does care to explain?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is supposed to bleed off pressure that is being read by the MAP sensor. It lets off the extra psi past the stock cutout point so that you can run a little higher boost than cutout allows. I purchased mine from 3barracing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have also heard stories about the engine running lean on low boost levels with the MAP bleed. Has anyone had experience with these bleeds before.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yes, put it right before it goes through the firewall.

Start off with it completely closed and slowly open it up until you are happy.

It WILL not add any fuel above stock cut out. It COULD lean out below that. Make sure you have a good tune and know what to look for.

I used to run a MAP bleed, Grainger, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, and a Rising Rate Regulator. That does WORK, but a good calibration is night and day better.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only plan on running it a few psi over the cutout. So, if I have an A/F gauge and keep my eye on it, I should be okay for low and high boost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts