Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i tried to avoid this but mario doesnt want to cooperate with me so here it is.

last year we were suppose to trade his used air fuel guage for my used smec.
he gets to my house (he lives 20min. away) and gets the smec in his hand and then decides he just wants cash instead, no big deal. so i pay him, he leaves, right away i tried to hook up the guage on my van. i cant get it to work so i try it on another vehicle with a new o2, still doesnt work. so i contact mario about it and he asks me if i am hooking it up right, claiming its good, so i tell him i will try on the van one more time. finally i tell him i want a refund, so after a week of him saying "tomorrow" everyday,he finally brings me my $45 back...... all in rolled up nickels and dimes as to be a smart ass.

HERE IS THE SECOND TIME:
back in jan when i had my income tax return, i post a thread for some parts needed, one being a real hks ssqv bov. so mario replies saying he has a "good working, true hks ssqv for $175 with flange, that came off his car" so i drive to his house and buy it, but now he says that he wanted $185, i already drove there, so whatever,i pay the $185. i walked to my car and stuck it in a small box by itself. from there the box sits on a shelf untill last week when i used it for a partial trade towards a car from jonny mopar. on the spot me and jonny weld the flange to a pipe, mount the bov and start the ride, instantly we knew something was wrong, the bov is leaking and the iroc rt wont boost over 5 psi. so we take it back off and dissassemble it, finding that it is a cheap knock off that is broken internally and wont hold the valve shut.
i contact mario politely and let him know of the situation, at first he says it works, cause he pulled it off his car and says he was told it was a hks so he told me it was. he also says, "idont know what to tell you" so i reply telling him he can tell me he is going to refund my money for selling me a broken knock off for more than what a new knock off costs.
he replies saying that he thinks i broke it and am trying to rip him off cause i am poor and pay my own bills and not wealthy like him living with mommy and daddy. and he states the fact that if he is going to rip someone off it will be for more than 6 figures and not $200.
so then i tell him i will give this till weds. before going public and he says "go ahead, it wont hurt me" and asking if he gives a refund will he get the bov back, so i say yes, and since he thinks i am trying to scam money from him cause i am poor, he can verify this with jonny, and give only $160 back to jonny, get the bov back from him and not even see me.

i guess making $25 for ripping some one off isnt good for him either cause now he wont reply back to pms although he can reply to posts on the board.

so my advice is that if you want to buy anything from mario is:
IF HE CANT PROVE TO YOU IT WORKS ON THE SPOT, DONT GIVE THIS CON ARTIST YOUR MONEY, PERIOD

and like they say, the rich get richer and ther poor get poorer

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if mario decides he wants to make this right, i will gladly ask for this to be removed, if not, i'll give it a bump everynow and then so others dont get ripped off too.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
"fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, well i have a bad habit of being nice and giving people the benefit of the doubt, i figured the air fuel may have been broken without him knowing it, but after the bov incident it seems like the kid likes to break stuff and then pawn it off to others.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well hopefully those victims step forward on this thread so we can all see how many people have been ripped off by this clown. the part that gets me is he lives way too close to me to try and pull this bs, i remember exactly where his house is vividly, i dont know if it is balls or pure stupidity?

hopefully he winds up as a sticky underneath IeatRice

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Well, I've known of Mario about as long as I've been on this board and this is the first I've ever heard anything negative about him.. I've never done any face-to-face deals with him but, we have made few deals in the past and some more resent dealings. I have yet to have a problem with him, further more hes also been helping me find a car. He has always done right by me and has been a stand-up guy. These are soley my experiences with him.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I contacted him about a few items he had for sale recently. However, he was very vague and short-winded about them... almost as if I was inconveniencing him for being interested in his parts for sale. Looks like my suspicions were confirmed to a point. Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I'm very busy and have little time. I haven't checked the bored in a couple days. I work and go to school.

I'm not out to rip anyone off. I refunded your money last time, I'll take care of the problem this time. The last gauge I sold you was brand new, I installed it for a few days, took it out, sold it to you, somehow it stopped working. When I received it back there was a small dent in the gauge and it was dirty. I didn't say a word and still refunded your money.

This blow off valve, I bought it off of ebay used, used it on my car for a while, ran fine, took it off, you bought, stored it for 5 months and suddenly are coming to me saying that I gave it to you broken. I sent you a PM, trying to deal with this.

Also, you could have called me. You have my number, you could see I haven't been here for a day or so, you call me any other time. Oh well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry to say I was less than pleased with a deal for a S60 harness from Mario. It was advertised as brand new, perfect condition, but when I got it it was dirty, and the pins were scuffed showing that it had been installed in a car at some point. He did offer a refund to me, but I decided to keep it anyway, since they arn't the easiest to find. He used the same, "That's how I got it, what do you want?" excuse with me.

A few months later, when installing it, it was brought to my attention that there is a specific power harness that went with the S60 harness when new. I contacted him to see if he forgot to ship this, and he said he'd look around and try to find it. Never heard from him again. Ended up having to convert an '89 power harness to get it to work.

I feel that he is less than forthcoming, but he did offer to refund my money. Buyer beware, I suppose.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Keep this thread clean. No threats. I edited out the "antogonistic" comments. Anyone mentioning them again will recieve a 1 week ban. No exceptions

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
You told me it was broke some 4 months later. I shouldn't have refunded you anything. It reminds of the time I sold you an A/F gauge of mine. I bought it brand new, ran it for a few days, took it out and sold it to you. You screwed it up, blamed me for it, and I was a nice guy and refunded you the money. I got back a greasy and dented gauge. Thanks!

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BS. if it was new and working, it would have worked for me, i have hoked up air fuel guages before and after and they all worked fine.
it had the dent when you gave it to me and it wasnt greasy when i gave it back to you.
i hooked it up under the hood to test it before i was going to install it in the dash, right after you left and it didnt work, i called you within hours of you leaving.

and as far as not refunding the bov $, you said you ran 30 psi on it, well with it being a cheap plastic-internal knock off, 30 psi would kill it, but then again you already knew that when you sold me the pos.

dont worry, i wont deal with you anymore so me and you wont have this problem again.
hopefully somebody else sees this before they give you there money and get burned, or bid on one of your ebay items and get outbidded......BY YOU!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
John I'm not sure why you're upset. I didn't rip you off in any way. I fully refunded your deposit. You're not out of any money or any parts that you paid for.

·
Registered
246 Posts
All I said was bump.

Wouldn't have said that if an explanation had accompanied the refund.

I think we're straight. Let me know if we're not.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Jayar said:
All I said was bump.

Wouldn't have said that if an explanation had accompanied the refund.

I think we're straight. Let me know if we're not.
All you said was bump?

PM your fellow member, that's about the childest
thing I have read in month's here....that's being
pretty sedate after reading a lot of the vendor BS.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.