Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone got any idea how to make a manual boost controller for an 84 daytona 2.2 or know where i can find out how to make one or where i can buy one on the cheap

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help i wanna know more about the Gus Mahons ultimate boost controller but the lin to his site is not working or his site is nolonger up can anyone offer anymore info on top of what donivins dodge garage has on it

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, I'm not quite to the point of upgrades on mine yet, so I can't tell ya. What I know from experience (and any one else here will say the same I'm sure), your best bet is to start by opening up the exhaust. That alone wakes these sleepers up a bit!
And ttry here:
www.DempseyBowling.com
gus's

·
Mr. Moderator
8,905 Posts
Look if you wanna dual stage I would pay out the money for an electric one.
THey are sooooo tight. Flip a switch and BAM.
Or just get a g-valve and have 2 of them to switch out.
I know for a while i was pretty lazy and ran my vac line into the console and when I wanted more boost I switched g-valves to a one preset for higher boost.
Definitely not the smartest set up but who wants to pop there hood at a stop light?
The length of vac line makes a difference but oh well.
It worked

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
already opened up the exhaust 3in all the way back and a true cold air intake, ported the intake and heads and exhaust just a little. and an accell super stock coil, distrubitor, 7.5mm acell superstock wires NGK plugs and its been lowered 1 1/2 inchs that what i got dont to it o and a little weight reduction(which was a bad i idea i think cuz now i spin through 3rd gear, but its quite fun in the rain, lol) so now i want to up grade the turbo just a little i only really want like 10-12lbs of boost its a driver too so i dont want it go boom and im poor too so i wanna do it on the cheap

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
see thats what im talking about what is a g-valve and what vacume lins anyone have a diagran or pics im new to turbos, former small block guy so treat me as if i didnt know anything(which i dont about turbos other than the basics of how they work)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Did you click on the link to gus's. There is a link or eight at the bottom of the page. One of wich is boost controller. It explains(and with diagrams) who, what, when, where, why, and how of the grainger valve. The dempsey bowling page, click on the turbominivan.com link on the left, then on the go faster link. There are more "cheap" how to practices on the links I've provided than anywhere else I've found. DONT be in a hurry. Take your time. Research, read, do.

·
Mr. Moderator
8,905 Posts
Donovan's Dodge Garage
You best bet! Get to readin! And I'm not sure if anyones said it or not, but, Welcome to TurboDodge!

The only stupid question is the one thats never asked!
READ THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And Read dempseys sight to on further explanation on boost controllers.
Read donovans site and go to the turbo database and read to understand

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so i got the stuff to make the g valve but now there diagrams of the line i need to tap in to are sketchy and not very informative so on my car which is a t1 there is a large vaccume line running from the top of the wastegate to the throttle body and a small on running from the bottom of WG to the intake manifold to a fitting where the MAP sensor vaccume lines are too those are the only two lines i can see on the WG so i assume there talking about the smaller line from the WG to the intake manifold right

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MBC a SUCCESS, i tried to get all the stuff that gus said to get and i couldnt get g-valve so i made my own pics coming soon, if i can figure out how to get them up on here anyway im now running 12lbs of boost and WOW, what a difference

1 - 11 of 11 Posts