Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im really embarrassed to say my (now former) mechanic rerouted my turbo oil return line to oil pan with galvanized house plumbing pipe & welded it badly onto oil pan! The hose from turbo & piping looks like none of it can handle the extreme heat of oil exiting from turbo! Have to route this line to the oil pan. Can anyone tell me where to get the proper oil return hose? trying to buy stuff like this is hit & miss on amazon etc...Its too important to take a chance... THX! P.S. its a stock turbo on 89 TD Voyager

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Chrysler part # 4105457
.........................................................................................
Hi thx for that PN...But i need a much longer hose as it has to reach from turbo to back of oil pan. My engine doesnt have the usual drain back hole in block... I suppose a bigger width hose would be good too if possible. P.S. I did buy a "universal" kit from amazon seller that wasnt so universal ugh!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.........................................................................................
Hi thx for that PN...But i need a much longer hose as it has to reach from turbo to back of oil pan. My engine doesnt have the usual drain back hole in block... I suppose a bigger width hose would be good too if possible. P.S. I did buy a "universal" kit from amazon seller that wasnt so universal ugh!

Got some silicone heater hose from NAPA, they had all sizes. The Mitsu turbo takes 5/8 hose. The problem is its not oil resistant, is rated at 400 degrees tho... will be good for now. Engine def runs stronger now so i figure the old black (heater hose?) hose was collapsed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
couldnt trust them to make a simple hose to oil pan...would you trust them to drill the block? i think not

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,106 Posts
Holy crap! Sorry to hear you are dealing with something like this. What a headache. If your van was a stock turbo van, where has the oil drain back tube gone to?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy crap! Sorry to hear you are dealing with something like this. What a headache. If your van was a stock turbo van, where has the oil drain back tube gone to?
........................................................................................................................
stock mitsu turbo. Drain back To the oil pan.

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,106 Posts
The oil drain back tube is press fit into a boss in the back of the block at about a 45 degree angle. What had they done to close up that hole? Or is the hole wide open, allowing dirt or debris to make it's way into the oil pan?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed a rebuilt 2.5 Turbo engine that was rebuilt long ago & stored away correctly. The reman company usually used non turbo common blocks & installed turbo eng guts....they didnt bother to drill the block for the oil drain back. They probably figured it was pretty easy for customer to set up drain back to oil pan....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts