Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Megasquirt working!

2K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  cj011 
#1 ·
Woohoo! We just installed the megasquirt into my Daytona and it is running better than it ever has! I'll keep everyone updated on progress and numbers once I go to the dyno.

#4 ·
Are you running MSII or I? Definitally keep us posted, I plan on getting a MS kit here soon and dig into it.

#7 ·
Its been covered before. The search function is a wonderful tool.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/search.php?searchid=236869

And now to answer your question: Megasquirt is a DIY engine control computer. It controls fuel and spark and can be customized and modified to work on ANY engine. It will take some fabrication to make it work right with our stuff. But it gives you the satisfaction of doing it all yourself...even down to soldering the board together.

Read some of the other posts to get a better idea, and go to www.megasquirt.info to read the site.

#10 ·
Linkie no workie

The S is Silent said:
Its been covered before. The search function is a wonderful tool.

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/search.php?searchid=236869

And now to answer your question: Megasquirt is a DIY engine control computer. It controls fuel and spark and can be customized and modified to work on ANY engine. It will take some fabrication to make it work right with our stuff. But it gives you the satisfaction of doing it all yourself...even down to soldering the board together.

#12 ·
i remember long ago when I first heard about megasquirt. It seemed pretty intimidating, but after looking at all of the other expensive options out there, and then learning somemore about how ecu's work, it seems like something that I could tackle.

I know i would not solder myself though. Dont really like the idea of my hands touching something that fragile and pricey.

#13 ·
MS1. :thumb: Very funny ******, we'll see. Actually I have added a mallory distributor and being made right now is my twin audi 5000 intercooler, as well as a set of Falken 512's. I do have pics, they are not very detailed, more just wide angle shots of the car in the process. I can post them if you guys are interested. Thanks for all the interest!

#17 ·
Sad thing is I did this last year got it running now have to sell the car and all my other dodge stuff and I got it running only drove it around to dl and tune but droped the inshurance and parked it fun project and I can post pics pluss you have to mod ms to do ignition controll and reprogram with the modded code. works extreamly well tho when set up.

#23 ·
OMG WIREZ!!!!1 j/k. Looks like you're on the right track. What is the limit on the megasquirt's map sensor? It sounds like that's the way to go if you don't want to dig into making the factory stuff flashable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.