Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put the motor in my car and it ran great for 5 miles. I was out breaking it in and I came to a stop and the motor just quits. I tried to start it back up but the fuel pump never came on. So I look under the hood and see the fuel injector/alternator harness was laying on top of the exhaust crossover pipe and smoking. The wire loom was melted, but the wires themselves are all okay except the ignition coil wire has a small burn in it through to the metal. So it probably grounded out and blew a fusible link or something right? I looked at all the fusible links, I pulled on them and they are all solid. I hooked up a test light to the fuel pump plug and am getting no juice, so it's not the fuel pump that failed. WTF went wrong here? Should I try a junkyard wire harness? :bang head

· Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which fusible link is the ASD relay though? None of them are burnt, and I tugged on each one and none of them stretched. I ran a wire from the + terminal on the battery to the + side of the coil and got nothing from the fuel pump, so it has to be a wire or fusible link somewhere, right?

· Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks NAJ, turns out it was another fusible link that I missed. It was almost completely wrapped in tape and closer to the battery than the cluster that is out in the open. I patched it and the problem is solved. Now I have to register it, insure it and get an alignment.

· Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep. I ordered bearings off ebay and waited 3 weeks for them, emailing the seller a couple times. I didn't hear nothing from them so I went to Autozone and bought a set of Clevite bearings for $30. I spent all day Saturday putting the motor together and doing some more stuff to it, then I dropped it in and started it up around 4am. I've only driven it three times and put 6 miles on it, but this thing is nasty! It needs and alignment bad because I replaced the rack and tie rods, plus the roads were wet when I took it out. I planted it and it was bouncing off the rev limiter in first instantly and in second it was spinning the tires all the way down the block and torque steering everywhere until I let off, that's when it blew the fuse. Now that's fixed and I'm going to put it on the road tomorrow hopefully.

· Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stock Diamante cams. Maybe someday I can get a custom grind but for now these work good and are better than stock.
I went to the DMV today and stood in line for half an hour, didn't realize that my insurance isn't valid until tomorrow. So tomorrow it's getting registered and the alignment. I wonder if I should swap in my slightly used sensa-tracs. I think I should, my struts must have 30-40k on them by now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.