Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard something about these dohc 2.2 turbo engines in some mexican spirit or something. are they the same as the r/t engine, or an improved version? what block do they use? I'm curious because it might be the way to go over a hybrid neon head engine, or a r/t engine. how hard to get one shipped in from mexico, they must have some in junk yards and people selling parts there?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yes, the DOHC motor for the Mexican domestic market were the Lotus based motors we know in our Spirit/Daytona RT cars. Finding them in a J yard down there, not likely. I have been to many junkyards south of the border in search of TD's. considering how many there were on the streets at one time, didn't find hardly any 80'-90's Dodge cars at all:(

There are plenty of TD fans south of the border and one group that even invites us down to their very well organized meets/drag days in Monterrey. Search for "Phantom RT" and some of his posts and pics will come up. Can't recall his screen name right now, maybe he will chime in here:cool:

Alan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts