Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm swapping in a 2001 2.4 turbo motor into my 87 Dautona Shelby Z and I hope to run it off Microsquirt v2.

It's got 89 T2 electronics. What's the most simple way to install and wire it in? Completely independent of the stock T2 harness? I'd like to use the stock T2 relays and fuses if itll make it more simple so the ignition switch controls everything?

·
Registered
61 Posts
From what i have been looking at with my Megasquirt install, new harness and electronics is the way to go. Most of the harnesses for our cars havent aged well. I dont own an injector harness that doesnt have cracked insulators.

Relays and sensors are safe enough to use if they are proven functional.

Good luck!
Mark

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the harness wont be reused, like plugs and what not wont be. I was just leaning more towards splicing in the PT criuser harness to the relays and fuses to give power to the new sensors and injectors.

·
Registered
13,442 Posts
I'm swapping in a 2001 2.4 turbo motor into my 87 Dautona Shelby Z and I hope to run it off Microsquirt v2.

It's got 89 T2 electronics. What's the most simple way to install and wire it in? Completely independent of the stock T2 harness? I'd like to use the stock T2 relays and fuses if itll make it more simple so the ignition switch controls everything?
There is no fuses under the hood of your 87 Daytona Shelby.

Get all new wiring, relays and fuses would be the best plan. Separate the body and engine harness then label everything.
Have a WRITTEN plan before starting!

1583175644988.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts