Turbo Dodge Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Administrator
24,435 Posts
Other options are an OTC Monitor 2000 or 4000 or a Snap On MT2500 which covers a much wider range of vehicles and does more, luckily my Son has one.

Other than that we just trudge along without a scanner as we have been doing.

Are you having an issue with a no start or is this just for future reference?

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,139 Posts
I was just making conversation about how neat the code 11 feature is for folks who can't just plug in a diagnostic tool.

·
Registered
1987 Shelby GLHS #0958
1,139 Posts
I got comments from some of my guys about "how easy it is" to hook up some of the new cheapo diagnostic tools to check HEP functionality.... Anyway, the untouched original '87 Shelby Z does not throw a code 11.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I do have a question... The two distributor caps that I have do not let the spark plugs wire clip into them. They just kinda push in and take no force to remove them.

Right now the car will start with the ASD relay actuated using the jumper wire. Without it jumped it will not start.

So that means the circuit is good but there is something wrong with the distributor/ rotor? My harness at these connections was so brittle they snapped flush with the plug. So I just used male and female push connectors until I can get the car running, then I will make a weather pack connection. The connects look good but I don't know if this could be contributing to the problem.

Next time I go out I'm going to grab a set of spark plugs, oil, and a filter since I'm sure it's contaminated with fuel.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

81 - 86 of 86 Posts