Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm just about done with my engine reinstall, but in the 2+ years since it came out, a few bolts have gone missing.
The biggest hangup right now is the bolt for the front motor mount - the one that goes through the polyurethane bushing parallel to the engine.
What size is the bolt and nut, and what grade were they from the factory?
Did it have threads all the way down?
Also, I just wanted to confirm that the pass. motor mount is supposed to have washers with a total width of 1/4" underneath them. I had read that somewhere and stacked washers to the right height, but since I'm doing all this I want to be totally sure.
Finally, I found some mystery parts that I wasn't able to get a positive ID on. Could anyone tell me what these are or might be?

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Not 100% sure for your car but mine and another member with an '86 New Yorker used a 10M x 100mm bolt.
The bolt didn't have threads all the way down. As far as factory hardness that I'm not sure of either but I would go with a 10.9 hardness due to the force applied from the engine. The bolt uses two washers on the head and by the nut and 1/4" total height of the two washers sounds about right...
Good luck!

·
Administrator
24,688 Posts
What are you working on?

The bolt sizes may be listed in the Chrysler Parts Catalog.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a copy of the 1987 parts catalog at home. It just lists a mopar part number, no dimensions.
It's a 1987 dodge daytona.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts