Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I need to change the rad in my Daily driver and I have the rad/IC from a shelby daytona my question is will the t2 intercooler hose fit the mitsu turbo?

and is the t2 throttle body any better then the t1?

putting in the intercooler I think then I'll put in my modified stock regulator and raise the fuel preasure and take it up to the 14psi mark. then latter on get a a/f gauge and probably go to 16,17psi. should be quick enough to be fun and slow enough the wife will still drive it :D maybe I'll take the cat out too is I get the motovation to crawl under it

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone know? simple "yes the t2 hose will fit or no" would be good, I am leaving in a half hour to go do it so if someone knows please help a TD'r out

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
The T2 I/C hoses will fit on the Mitsu turbo. The compressor inlet/outlet is the same diameter as the Garrett.

If you are talking about a late model T1 throttle body, it's the same 46mm unit that all the 1-piece intakes had. But the T2 unit does not have provisions for emissions control, so no vacuum barbs on top. The 52mm unit off the 3.3 vans is an upgrade, but you have to port the neck of the intake for it to be of any real use.

Up to 14PSI, you should be okay on fuel even with the Mitsu. The factory intercooler is good up to about 18psi. Until you're ready to break the 3-bar bearier, the stock fuel system should have enough room to compensate. But any time you take boost control into your own hands, make sure you monitor what the car is doing. Esspecially if you don't have an A/F gauge yet.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awsome! just what I wanted to here. I am currently looking to get a cal made for my daytona running a 50trim t3/t4, i had it 20psi on a mitsu for a year before I broke a piston with a junkyard saab intercooler and 5th injector and map diode.

this car, is my wifes car, and I had to change the rad anyway so figures I'd give it a little extra juice. I'll probably just use a adjustable regulator turn up the fuel preasure and go to 16psi no more on this soggy automatic then that. just never have used a stock t2 intercooler before and came in my 87 shelby I picked up for next years project

1 - 4 of 4 Posts