Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The spun bearing was the first of my troubles. After taking it apart I realized the turbo was a Mitzu instead of the original Garrett. I'm not sure if the previous owner changed out the intake or if they needed to when changing the turbo. I've already done a head gasket and I'd hate to invest all this time just to have it all crap out on me again.
I've never dealt with turbos before and as you can tell I'm in way over my head. I plan on selling it eventually, I love the car but I can't justify keeping it around anymore. Anyway if anyone has any suggestions IE: Mods to fit the turbo, good place to get parts (wiring harness?), why it spun the bearing, or wants to make a generous offer :) I'd greatly appreciate it.

· Banned
1,465 Posts
wait they replaced the VNT with a mitsu? what were they thinking? i would try to find a vnt to replace the mitsu, those cars are rather rare. where in WA are you?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm right above Seattle and there's actually only 500 of these beasts. From what I've heard you can replace one with other but you have to adjust... stuff, and I'm not good at the whole "boost" thing. It's not really my forte. So I'm just not sure whether I should try and figure the specs (ripping my hair out in the process) out or possibely waste a lot of time and money trying to get a Garrett. I'm not really sure how to identify the Mitzu that's in there, but I know that info would help! I need advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.