Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2794 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I started a generic thread here for meetings. No month listed. Reason being, you look down the list of other threads in this secton and we seem to have a monopoly on them. Maybe we can just keep adding to this one?
Well, It's March. Does everyone have their summer cars ready to pull out?
I know I have less running now, than I did when winter first came.
So, where are we going this month? Jim said the date last month, but I forgot what Saturday it was. I need to get a date and location on the website. Also, lets pick a parking lot with fences around it. I can't take wind anymore. I spent an hour in a salvage yard yesterday. Even though it was around 30 F, the wind almost knocked me over. I nearly froze. Naturally, because of the temperature, I left the gloves in the car. Also, I didn't grab a wheel barrel when I needed it. TWICE! :bang head I went back for more and had to carry two tires/rims. But this time I had my gloves.:thumb:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Howdy, haven't ever replied to the local area stuff before. Kurt G tells me about the meetings, but I never seem to get there. Anyways do any of you have a rear bumpercover for a Turismo/Charger? Need one for an 82 Turismo 2.2 I just picked up. Also need a drivers taillight for it, it has the Amber turn signal in it so kind of hard to find. The bottom corner of the backup lens is broken/would consider any 79-83 Turismo tail light and use it to make a repair. It'd give me a good reason to come to a meeting, and to show some folks how my 87 Shelby Charger is coming along converting it to rear wheel drive with an independent rear and a GM(sorry) supercharged 3800/T-5 combo

·
Registered
467 Posts
huh...I think I am still drunk from last night. I feel like crap...lol.

Keystone lists an aftermarket rear cover for an '82 Tourismo for $140.00. You can call them to see if they have on in stock. 612-789-1919. Sorry, no tail lamps.

I'm game for any meeting, just let me know where.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Hi Everyone

Here’s what I have for the Meeting’s so far, they will be updated once we put them on the website.

The March meeting will be March 8th at 1:30 at Texas Roadhouse in Coon Rapids.

Texas Roadhouse

The April Meeting will be April 12th location to be determined

The May meeting will be May 31st at Mopar’s in the Park at 1:00

Midwest Mopars in the Park - National Car Show and Swap Meet - 2008 - Schedule of Events

The June Meeting will be June 21st at Porky’s Drive Inn on University in Saint Paul at 2:00

The July Meeting will be July 26th at the Car Craft Nationals at the Dyno at 1:00

2008 Car Craft Summer Nationals July 25-27 - Car Craft Magazine

The August Meeting will be August 9th at Porky’s Drive Inn on University in Saint Paul at 2:00

The September Meeting will be Sept. 6th Wheels & Wings Car Show in Osceola, WI at 1:00

TravelWisconsin.com Event Listing - Wheels & Wings

The October Meeting will be Oct. 5th at Rockfalls Raceway (Sport Compact Drag Race)

Rock Falls Raceway

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim,
I think you have the wrong W&W. The one you listed for June is on the far end of WI. Near Lake Michigan. The road trip would be fun, but..... Here's the one Paul told us about, last year. Osceola, WI September 6, 2008

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyways do any of you have a rear bumpercover for a Turismo/Charger?
I don't know off hand where any are. They're getting kinda scarce. I haven't seen more than one 2dr L-Body in the last year in the U-Pull-it yards. There was an 86? Shelby Charger up in Grasston, MN last fall. I can't remember if there were any other 2 drs there. I don't remember what the back of the car looked like. It may be worth checking out. The yard is very reasonable. I got a really nice top for my GTC for $40.00. If you're interested, the place is about 45 miles north on 65. (From 109th)
Heck, here's a map....
Go about 1/2 mile up Union and it's on your left. Can't miss it. You can drive right in the yard too.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know what you mean Bob, it looks like I have the right date for that Wheels and Wings event?
My mistake. My imagination was running wild again. I even imagined you left the link for that other place on the new list that you emailed to everyone. :bash:

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Jim has corrected it in a 2nd "updated" email. It should be in that barrage of emails Jim sent us. =D I don't think I'll be going to Sheboygan Falls... hmm, that would be fun though.

There are two events in Wisconsin named similarly. There is "wings and wheels" in Sheboygan Falls, and "wheels and wings" in Osceola. Note that the two nouns are transposed. We want the latter "wheels and wings" in Osceola. Confusion. I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jim has corrected it in a 2nd "updated" email. It should be in that barrage of emails Jim sent us. =D I don't think I'll be going to Sheboygan Falls... hmm, that would be fun though.
That was the second updated version. Changed the event, but left the link. So everyone, Porky's IS NOT in Sheboygan Falls, WI. :D Not the new location either.
How are the prices of the cheap food at Texas Roadhouse? I hear it can be spendy.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I think I am also seeing things then. Just not the same things though. Hmmmm. Those who are myopic tend to be able to see computer screens better than those who are presbyopic. Man, I've worked this job of mine WAY too long.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jim,
Are you going to want me to bring the truck lid? Or do you want to swing by and pick it up?
I'm going to go outside and pull the spoiler off that old hatch today. I hope it warms up a bit.
Give me a call when you can.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Hopefully I see some more of you guys at the drags this year. I'm hoping to get to rockfalls a couple times, once I get a clutch that will hold. Here's the dates for the sport compact days at Eau Claire. Have to get some Wisconsin SDAC members to join us.

Sunday, April 27
Sunday, June 8
Saturday, July 19
Saturday, September 13
Sunday, October 5 (Rain Date: Sun. Oct. 19)

·
Registered
467 Posts
I know they call it "Sport Compact" days, but are they strict, or is it more of a street car days?

I'm just wondering if they'll let me run my truck.

1 - 20 of 2794 Posts