Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. We need some ideas for a November meeting/get-together.
It seems like we all fell off the face of the earth.
Jim, where are you?
It must be the time of year. Raking leaves and getting ready for winter. Well, I'm never ready. I have two dead cars and no place to fix them until I clean the garage. I usually don't do that until the snow starts coming down.
This weekend would be best for me for a meeting. I have an AMC meeting in Lindstrom on the 17th so that's out. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
We could do the Bennigans meets again... haha

Or anyother restaurant, location doesn't really matter since I live near the airport now.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Lindstrom is just down the road from here. That'd be a bit interesting to just see stuff there since its close by.

The Daytona is at its storage "facility" for the season. The Lebaron is what gets me around right now. The transmission in the GM product quit on me when I was in Madison--long story. Almost needed Jackson to bail me out. Probably will need a transmission transplant now. The Stealth is moving under its own power, although the rest of the car has some annoying issues yet, and for some reason doesn't seem to be as fast as it should be. I'm basically done with that car for the year since for the last two weeks i worked on it day and night to get everything back together and now I am burnt!

The '91 Daytona will be registered and insured once again, and needs a few items to make it reliable once again. Hopefully that'll get done soon. Bob, I may be needing those tires pretty soon... you think I will forget, eh?

As for a meeting place.... hmmmm. I was going to try making it to the U-pull yard to get a transmission for my Pontiac this weekend. How bout Famous Dave's in Forest Lake?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Famous Daves would work for me. Anything is fine. Maybe even get Ty from way up north?
I was thinking about getting the tires to you when I go to Lindstrom, but I could also get them to you this weekend. I'm going to have a pull-a-thon with my tires and get a few sets mounted after I get the garage cleaned. I'll work on that in the next day or two.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Bob, this weekend shouldn't be necessary for the tires. The day of the AMC meeting would be ideal. If nobody's home, just drop them off in front of the garage next to all the other crap I have accumulating there. Anyone need parts for a GM 3100 engine?

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I'm still here!

Been working on the house big time! Striped all the vinly siding off the 4 car garage in back and had some friends reside that with new vinly siding (hail storm from last year). Then proceded to remove all the masonite siding from the house and main garage. Installed new windows on the house and main garage. Put in a new front door on the house. And just had it all resided with vinly siding last weekend. Man am I tired!

I haven't even tackled the billion oak leaves that I have in my yard!:bang head.

I was thinking maybe we could do the meeting on the 17th but if Bob is busy that day maybe we could do it the 18th? I know we've never done a sunday afternoon meeting but would that work for everyone?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sunday would work great for me...that's my day off!
Hopefully I'll finally get to meet everyone
the other Todd

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sunday the 18th would work for me I think. I thing Maple Grove is too close to you Jim. :D
Has anyone seen the new Porky's? I was driving through NE MPLS a week or two ago and saw it. I'm not sure when it's going to open, but there is a building there. Probably next spring. I'm not sure how that's going to do. People have been going to the St.Paul Porky's for years and that area was listed in Car Craft magazine, as one of the top 10 car cruise areas in the nation. NE MPLS. doesn't have much of a car scene. Maybe 20+ years ago, before they put a stop to a fantastic weekend cruise area and then the area went down hill. Oh well, we'll see.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Sunday 18th works here as well. Probably better than this coming weekend actually. Yippee skippy its going to be transmission R&R time this weekend. Famous Daves still okay?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Famous Daves still okay?
Will you drive the Stealth? I can go anywhere myself. As long as the vert still runs in a week and a half.

·
Registered
467 Posts
The 18th sounds good to me too.
I am trying to get a date from this girl really hard, and she works wierd hours, so I can't set any plans until she calls (crosses fingers), but I am pretty sure I can make that.

For those of you that havn't seen it, I have my car fully rotisserized!!
stratous.250free.com - Browsing Directory: /My_Car/
It's literaly 90* and stored up against the wall right now at work. I did some side work a little over a month ago and havn't gotten paid for it yet (pissed!). As soon as I get paid for that it will go for media blast, and although before snow fall is long out the window...it should be painted this year still.
In the mean time the truck needs and oil change, brakes, and shocks, and if I get this date the girl is worth every cent. So much for the $2.25 raise I just got.

Anyway, I am definately up for any meeting you guys decide.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
If it has wheels or a skirt, you probably cannot afford it. heehee.

That rotisserie looks awesome. That car will be top quality when its done. It is making me want to do it to my car as well.

Will I drive the Stealth.... hmmmm. That'd be fun actually. That is a maybe at this point. I would have to get some renewed tabs for it, maybe insurance, and definitely get the wheel alignment somewhere close to where it should be before I drive it trivially. The car seems to be having a number of little issues, but its probably nothing major. I am just sick of working on it because I was awake way late each night (morning) almost every day for the last couple of weeks working on this thing.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If it has wheels or a skirt, you probably cannot afford it. heehee.

Lol...you're telling me.
Shes already broken my budget and I havn't even gotten a first date yet. She asked for MY number though, and that was last Friday, she hasn't called yet. If she doesn't call, I don't know when I'll see her next.

We have a Stealth at work right now. It had a scratch on the fender that we fixed. It's a '94 in pearl white with 34,000 miles. It's been done for over a week and half and the guy hasn't come to pick it up yet. Sadley it's covered in gay brand stickers that I would dought the car even has under it. Still a pretty sweet ride aside the Mitsu motor. I think twin turbos on the 3.5l V6 AWD Dodge Avenger would be sweet as hell!

Hey, Anyone know when the Minneapolis Auto Show is? I just remember coming home from it last year was when I finished off my clutch racing the Miata. It must be late winter, but I can't remember.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Okay lets have the meeting on Sunday Nov. 18th at Famous Dave's at 1:00. The question is which famous Dave's? There's one in Maple Grove, Coon Rapids and the one in Forest Lake. I open for any of them.
Doesn't really matter to me, but I would say Coon Rapids. We could park our cars in the menards parking lot right by there (if its finished) and go in and eat then chit chat/freeze our asses off by the cars...:D

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Famous Daves sounds good to me too. But, I'm thinking Forest Lake since FD's was originally Paul's idea. He was hoping for Forest Lake. (There'd also be a better chance of him finding our cars there too!):D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts