Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say goodbye to the Magnums, Convert PT Cruiser, Crossfire and Pacfica. Replaced by the Challenger, Journey, and hybrid Durrango.

I just got a 2005 Magnum in July and its gonna suck seeing the line drop...:(

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
seems reasonable to streamline their portfolio now.

i wonder if the jeep brand will follow suit, theres just way too many different types of jeeps.... that's gotta be hurting profitability. i just got a 2008 hemi grand cherokee, they really only need the GC and the Wrangler, like in the old days.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
seems reasonable to streamline their portfolio now.

i wonder if the jeep brand will follow suit, theres just way too many different types of jeeps.... that's gotta be hurting profitability. i just got a 2008 hemi grand cherokee, they really only need the GC and the Wrangler, like in the old days.
I agree that there are too many Jeeps, but I think they should keep the liberty, not that I like it aesthetics or anything, but a middle ground between the Wrangler and GC is good. Kind of what the XJ Cherokee was.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
The one I don't understand is the Magnum. Is it really not selling that good? I see them all over the place around middle TN.
____
Kevin

·
Registered
137 Posts
They don't sell the way chrysler wants them to sell, which is all that matters in the end. Chrysler always seems to aim super high and fall short, I don't know why. When the Dodge Neon came out, chrysler sold tons of them and reported losses.. Redesigned Dodge ram over 10 years ago, can't go to the corner store without seeing 2-3 of them. Chrysler reported a loss.. PT Cruiser? That thing is all over like a bad rash to the point GM felt the need to copy it with their own HorribleHunkofRefuse retrowagon... again.. chrysler reported a loss.. They were considered a money-losing operation for their whole stint with Benz which is why Dr.Z cut the cord... Frankly, I think chrysler needs to scale back and worry about selling everything they make then trying to jump into the ring with likes of Toyota or GM at the moment.. They aren't the 800 pound Gorilla they were 30 and 40 years ago...

·
Registered
477 Posts
My dad works at the assembly plant in toledo, they put liberties and nitros together. He said the parking lots there are filled to the max with their vehicles. They just dont sell. Might have something to do with the fact that they are butt fugly and put together like chinese junk.

One of his buddies just traded in his 05 or so dakota on a new one. The brand new truck has a howl in the rear end and a shake in the front end.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
They should drop the Pacifica and PT IMO. The Crossfire was a great car and would have sold a lot better had they advertised it. However, I understand why they are dropping it being that it is a Merc. I would rather have the Challenger than the Magnum, but I wouldn't think they would drop the Magnum for that. Why not drop the useless Calibur instead?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
....and Jeepforum.com is confirming the Jeep Commander will be pulled in 2009, i saw that coming, that vehicle just is wrong on so many levels.

no more PT Cruisers? if that happens, how will we get 9,000 of them entered into each Chyslers at Carlisle car show every year, like we have for years now.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its the PT convertable thats getting nixed. The PT will still be there, Dodge needs it to keep the truck lines fuel economy average up.

I agree with the Caliber being dropped, that thing is ugly and frankly I dont see all thay many around. How about drop the Dodge Sprinter and keep the Magnum..

·
Registered
45 Posts
The car they should give the axe or at least a good redesign to is the Charger. First of all, it should never have been four doors. It doesnt have the same aggresive styling as it's namesake. It looks like they stuck the charger name to a BMW. At least the Challenger will be what it should be.

·
Registered
160 Posts
They should keep the magnum and drop the crappy charger and that shitty caliber (SP) that is the biggest pos, I am so sick of everyone with the charger acting like they got something good its not

·
Registered
1 Posts
Say goodbye to the Magnums, Convert PT Cruiser, Crossfire and Pacfica. Replaced by the Challenger, Journey, and hybrid Durrango.

I just got a 2005 Magnum in July and its gonna suck seeing the line drop...:(
My inside source has told me that it might not be a go on the Challenger, it will atleast get put on hold for a bit longer. The viper facility plant has been closed also, its lots of rumors flying at chrysler right now..........and we will not know until they have axed enough expense to feel comfortable.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
They should keep the magnum and drop the crappy charger and that shitty caliber (SP) that is the biggest pos, I am so sick of everyone with the charger acting like they got something good its not
The Charger SRT-8 is just bad***. To be over 4200lbs and run in the high 12's stock is incredable plus I think the car is sexy looking. Most people that can afford a car like that doesn't want a two-door. Most have kids.

Wayne

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
My inside source has told me that it might not be a go on the Challenger, it will atleast get put on hold for a bit longer. The viper facility plant has been closed also, its lots of rumors flying at chrysler right now..........and we will not know until they have axed enough expense to feel comfortable.
if the Challenger isnt a go, were doing alot of work on it for nothing. I can see it delayed, but I think the green light is a go.

·
Registered
434 Posts
A buddy of mine works for Nissan and he was saying there are BIG changes coming on federal safety standards.:eek: He was saying that there will be big changes in car designs and there are a lot of models that will be dropped by numerous manufactures. He is on the inside of Nissan and said he can not go into a lot of detail,but did say the dodge ram is safe? :D

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
too bad the magnum is going

1 - 20 of 20 Posts